CHAPTER THREE . 嵐の前の静けさ

❝ 嵐の前の静けさ ❞
calm before the storm

❝ 嵐の前の静けさ ❞calm before the storm

tw. eating disorder mentioned

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE?"

SCARAMOUCHE HISSED AT you, eyeing your disheveled state; the running sink, the pools of water splashed upon the counter, your messy hair and appearance. The first crack in the facade of marriage. Apprehension gripped your heart; disquiet whispers of your worst fears muddled your mind. Was he about to berate you for your poor presentation of conduct?

"I..." You couldn't find the words to describe what had transpired. Lady Fortune frowned upon you. How could you tell him that you ditched a Harbinger at dinner because your digestive system starts to act up?

"The servants told me you ran off without explanation, holding your stomach like you were sick and Signora told me that you went pale. Now I find you here, vomiting all over the sink." He walked over, looking at the wet floor— the water spilling from the sink. "What in the Tsaritsa's name happened when I left?"

"I do not wish to speak of my condition." You muttered quietly, lips quivering.

"I think I have a right to know as your fiancé, (y/n)." He scowled at you, glowering in disapproval.

"This is my personal business." You snapped back though your hoarse voice made your commanding tone diminish.

"Your personal business is my business! Your health is my business!" He yelled.

"Do not feign sympathy!"

He chuckled coldly. "(y/n), you are very mistaken. This is not sympathy. This is my responsibilities as your future husband."

You couldn't begin to fathom what were his passing thoughts upon seeing you hunched over the sink. Did he even care? Was it pity? Concern? Or just pure apathy?

"Are you going to continue to be stubborn or will you tell me what the hell is going on?" His tone snapped you back into reality. The truth that was thinly veiled by your own resolution of independence.