CHAPTER NINETEEN . 夏の光

❝ 夏の光 ❞
summer's light

❝ 夏の光 ❞summer's light

KUNIKUZUSHI IS A puppet created and molded by the hands of the Electro Archon, meant to serve as the vessel for the heavenly authority of a god, their gnosis.

Kunikuzushi is the prototype, the progenitor of all of Beelzebul's puppets.

Kunikuzushi is the first of all her puppets, thus he was created with flaws— too gentle, too weak for the taste of divinity that should've been bestowed onto him.

Abandoned, he was granted life to wander and decide for himself what he wanted to be. Yet there was nothing he wanted. He was designed, molded, and shaped for one sole purpose— to be the vessel of true celestial divinity.

He was forsaken by his own creator.

In every way, he is perfect yet it was his own emotional vulnerability that caused him to be defective. He could never live in the era of eternity that his creator wanted; never possess that authority of power for he was too weak. From birth, he was denied his heritage— what came with primogeniture, what solely belonged to him. All because he was deemed to be too imperfect, for a single flaw he could not control.

Marionettes are manipulated through strings; that was his only understanding upon his creation. He, himself is a marionette to be manipulated— to be used by his creator for a purpose that was grander than anything else. He could accept that; to simply live as the vessel of the gnosis. But that was denied to him; thus he turned to catastrophe. He was created without a heart in spite of his emotional vulnerability and in seeing that, the Electro Archon realized that he could not withstand the power that came with it.

She took his heart from him.

He wandered the lands in search of a new purpose; trekking across the lands of Inazuma, carried by wood across seas, finding nothing to muse upon in the realm of mortality. He was casted from society, deemed too inhuman. Ironically, he was also deemed too human for divinity; such flaws that never allowed him to be accepted by anyone.

Eventually, he met the Fatui who tinkered with him until he was able to unlock the potential within him. He earned a rank, a title, money, power, status; seemingly everything someone would ever want. Yet, even still— he lacked something fundamental, a heart.

Hollowed out like an abyssal void of emptiness; the thrumming median where one's metaphorical emotions were controlled. The heart he was supposed to possess was never presented to him and thus he could never comprehend the emotions he felt.

When he had met you, the mere thought of marriage crossed him as a sort of obligation. Briefly, he would feel this eluding skim of concern whenever your life had been endangered as he understood the fragilities of mortal beings. He knew how easily humans can break, how easily they can be marred and harmed. He also knew that humans were sentimental creatures, often expressing various feelings of emotions. This thought of course, made the doll resent humans as he himself could never comprehend how he felt those same emotions.