CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR . 語られない物語

語られない物語
a story untold

❝ 語られない物語 ❞a story untold

MISTRESS HUALING HAD once been adored by one of the most powerful men in the whole of Teyvat; (l/n) Li Chen

MISTRESS HUALING HAD once been adored by one of the most powerful men in the whole of Teyvat; (l/n) Li Chen. She possessed looks that even the gods would envy but unparalleled beauty as she was, her insatiable desire for more could not be quelled. The famed beauty's ambitions were beyond the wildest dreams of most. Even when she had the Director of the largest trading company of all Teyvat wrapped around her fingertips, she wanted more. Her gluttony grew when given even the finest of things though all with good explanation.

Blinded by her own greed, the Mistress Hualing had humble beginnings. Born in the entertainment district, she grew up understanding that she could only trust herself to propel herself in society. Every connection, every visitation - there was great value in experience. She was a creature born without love and naturally, never learned to love.

That was until she met (l/n) Li Chen.

It wasn't a matter of love at first. At that point, Mistress Hualing had become the most famed woman of her brothel. In one way or another, she was revered by those who knew her name and the status she had made for herself. So when she had begun servicing Li Chen as a means to satisfy his fixation; she found nothing remarkable about him. But it wasn't long before the two grew to learn of one another - of their fears of being forgotten by the world, of their ambitions to be revered by those who hadn't believed in them, of everything they feared and adored.

Soon, they fell in love.

But of course, a marriage between them could never be allowed. And when Mistress Hualing announced her pregnancy to Li Chen - there began the downward spiral.

(l/n) Li Chen was set to marry a proper woman with a standing in high society. Mistress Hualing was to be thrown to the side, like it had happened time and time again in the past, discarded like trash - something she will never be regarded as anything more.

Hualing died believing that one day her lover would return to her side once more. She had died alone, her child - the only symbol of her reunion and love for Li Chen was taken from her by birth and hours afterward, she was killed on orders of her lover to cover up the truth. Forgotten and discarded.