Dog tags

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I walked around the ball room, greeting the kids and the workers. But I was actually looking for the girl with green eyes. Eventually I found her sitting in the windowsill. With her finger she traced behind a raindrop that glided down the window. I watched her move into a standing position so she could follow the rain from almost the top of the window. As it descended down she squatted down so she could reach it easier. I wanted to talk with her but when she had hid away when she got all the attention during the ceremony I realized she was quit shy. So I asked myself how do I talk with a shy child. Simply let them get interested in you, that way they'll come to you. I looked over at the window to her left and quietly walked towards it. She noticed me from the corner of her eye but still continued to follow the rain. I went ahead and put my finger on the cold window before tracing one of the rain-drops aswell. And just like that I had her attention. She turned to watch me with interested eyes. It didnt take long before she came over and climbed into my windowsill in front of me. She was so small, even standing on the windowsill she didnt reach my shoulders. I watched her begin to trace the droplets again and I held back a smirk.

 I watched her begin to trace the droplets again and I held back a smirk

Our hands coming close every once in a while as we followed our lines. She giggled with pure joy when our hands collided. But we both remained silent for the rest of our tracing. Eventually she turned her head to look at me and smiled. Before grabbing my much larger hand and basically using that as the follower of the rain drops. I let her use my hand and just watched her facial expression. As she concentrated very hard. She was concentrating so hard that I could see her tongue sticking out of her mouth. When we came to the bottom she turned my hand around, so my palm was now facing upwards. She traced every line on my hand with her tiny finger and made happy noices while doing so. She finished and turned her hand around and looked up at me. Her eyes were asking me, asking me to trace the lines on her hand with my finger aswell. I grabbed her little hand in mine and traced the small lines. Making her squeel as it tickled her. Eventually she pulled her hand back and went back to her original spot. Where she picked up the teddy bear and hugged it. "Who is that?" I asked pointed at the bear. She bit her lip hesitating but eventually decided to tell me none the less "Mr Monty". "Good evening Mr Monty" I said and bowed my head. She laughed and copied my head movement with Mr Monty. I then saw a necklace she was wearing. Well it wasn't a necklace, it was a set of dogtags from the war. I focused on the name on the tagg, Sam Eden. I know that name. And now I remembered why her eyes looked so familiar. Cause I had seen them before. I will never forget them because those eyes had saved my life.

(Roelynn's P.O.V.)
I watched Mr Shelby think as he stared at me. Then he broke the silence between us "hello little Roe". My eyes widened at the mention of the nickname my father gave me.

Published: 9th of April 2021