Voices

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Sometimes hearing voices in your head is just like listening to the constant chirping of the blue birds sing. It's irritating and there is absolutely nothing you could do about it. The voices in my head are like the birds... just sitting on a branch I cannot see. And this voice brings me back down under the ground. Back down digging tunnels while above me planes fly and guns are being fired off. The same fear courses through my veins as I remember my war time.

Wake up

Steve's voice calls out in an echo to me just like in 1914. I feel panick, fear coursing through my veins but I keep digging towards the enemy.

Stop digging and wake up

He calls out again. I realize that I am not digging to the enemy from the war, the central powers. But I am digging towards someone much worse. With one more hit, the wall infront of me collapses and out storms the enemy and tackles me down. Not 4 - 5 like back then, just one. He tackles me to the ground and I feel fingers wrap around my neck and pressure builds. I can't breath!

Don't let him win!

Steve ordered me. My eyes look up to the person who was choking me. It was myself.... but also not. He looked like me, but I could tell he wasn't truely me. He is the person I never want to become.

WhY dO yOu CaRe FoR tHaT gIrL?

"Because"

BeCaUsE wHaT?!

"Because she is my child"

Oh DoN't MaKe Me LaUgH. ShE iSn'T yOuRs. YoU jUsT tOoK hEr In BeCaUsE yOu FeLt GuIlTy! YoU nEvEr WaNtEd HeR

He's lying Tommy and you know it!

I shook my head as I heard the two of them loudly tell me what I am or should be.

ThEn WhY iS hE sLeEpInG iNsTeAd Of FiNdInG lItTlE rOe?

"Shut up both of you" I loudly yelled and my eyes snapped open. I looked around me. I wasn't underground, wasn't digging in the tunnels. But I also wasn't home, I was by Steve's grave. I caught my breath and sighed "I made a mistake. But I will make it right. Because I do not want to loose her".

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I ran through the streets not knowing where to go. I stopped to catch my breath and fearfully looked around for a safe place. I was angry and upset at both daddy and Ms Honey. But now, not knowing where I am, I was scared and just wanted one of them. "Hello, Little one" I heard a voice and I turned around happily thinking it was daddy. But my smile faded when I saw it wasn't sadly. I took a step back from the scary looking man. "Are you lost? Do you want me to help you find your parents?" He asked me. I shook my head "Im not allowed to go with strangers". He sighed before shaking his head in annoyence. "Oh come on. I can help you" he saod and reached out for me, "no!" I yelled and turned away. Sadly he had gotten my arm and pulled me back towards him before picking me up. "You are coming with me. You will make a good little worker for one of my friends" he chuckled while I trashed around in his grip. "I suggest you put her down" A familiar voice tells the man. Immediatly the man freezes and slowly puts me down. "Now. Fuck off". The man nodds before turning and leaving us. I turn back before running to the person who safed me. I wrap my arms around his legs in a hug. "Shalom, Mr Alfie" I greet him, "Shalom, Little Roe" Alfie greets back and lays a hand on my head.

Published: 18th of october 2022

Update reminder for clewins2021