Honey

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I was kneeling down in front of Roelynn who was seated on a chair. I was trying to tie her shoes but she was far too excited. "Roe, darling, can we stay still for a minute?" I asked her with a chuckle. She giggled at me a shook her head. I stood up and lifted her from the chair to look at her. I nodded satisfied at the outfit she was wearing. "Ready for your first day of school?" I asked her. "Why am I going to school again?" She asked looking up at me. I chuckled and looked down meeting her questioning emerald eyes. "That's the third time you have asked me that question in about 10 minutes" I said smiling at her, "not with those words" she cheekily replied and smiled a toothy smile. I shook my head knowing she was right. She might not have asked me that question multiple times but she has asked me that in multiple different ways. "I have told you why" I told her as she grabbed my hand so we could go to her new school. Main reason was for her to learn and socialize. I could see she was starting to get bored just being at home the last couple of weeks. I had been scared to let her go after all that had happened with the Parkers. But Polly had changed my mind to let her atleast go to school. I interogated the dean's for multiple days in a row from multiple different schools. So Polly just enrolled Roe in a school by herself, because she was getting sick of me being difficult. I don't know how she managed to do it without my permission. But she is Polly Gray of course, so she finds a way.

The whole way there Roe, like always, talked my ear of with stuff she saw on the aay. We arrived on the school grounds and I looked towards the building. It was a large red-bricked building. Above the large dark green painted door was a sign 'South Springs Elementary for Girls'. I turned to look for Roe. I spotted her by a bed of flowers. She was squatting down so she could have a better look at the flowers. I saw some parents look at her with confused looks or whisper amongst themselves. My anger rose a bit at their nerve of even looking at Roe in disgust that way. But I pushed it down and called her name. Her head snapped up and she turned to look at me. "Lets go" I told her and motioned for her to come. She stood up and ran to me, past the parents that had looked at her. "Here" she said snapping me from my state of glaring at the parents. I looked down at her and she held out a small flower. I took it from her and put it in my inside pocket. Me and Roe walked further towards the entrance after I shot one death glare at the parents.  Their disgusted looks quickly changed into fear and they adverted their eyes from me. We walked inside the school and I looked around for a teacher. "Can I help you,Mr Shelby?" Someone asked, "I'm here to bring my kid to class" I told him as I walked towards him. "Do you know who her teacher is?" The man asked, "Ms. Honey" I answered simply. He nodded and turned his head. "Ms. Honey" The man called out to a brown-haired female who was guiding children into her classroom. She looked up when her name was called. She walked towards us. "This is Mr Shelby and his daughter. You remember that I told you about them?" The man asked, to which Ms. Honey nodded. After a brief introduction between Ms. Honey and Roelynn who was hiding behind my leg. The teacher had convinced her to follow her to her class. "Fifteen past three is when school is finished" Ms. Honey offered. I made a mental note of the time before saying bye to Roe.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I followed Ms. Honey inside the loud classroom. She clapped her hands making everyone silent. "Miss, that's the daughter of a bastard!" Some girl called out and her friends giggled who stood around her. "Take your seat" Ms. Honey told her stern and snapped her fingers. The girls all went to their respected chairs. "Roelynn" my teacher said with a softer and friendlier voice as she motioned for me to walk to her. I walked past the rows of tables with the kids who all stared at me. "You can take a seat next to, Pauline" she told me and pointed towards a blond-haired girl. I watched Pauline turn her head towards the girl who called me the daughter of a bastard. The girl shook her head at Pauline. "Miss, I don't want her sitting next to me" Pauline told the teacher, "and why don't you want that?" She asked her. Again Pauline turned to the first girl. "Brynn, mind your own business" Ms. Honey snapped at her. I internally smirked, I liked Ms. Honey. Eventually Pauline was told to move and I got the desk all by myself. "Everyone get your notebooks" Ms. Honey said looking into the classroom.

Once the bell rang I walked outside and searched for my father. But I didn't see him yet. Suddenly I was pushed forward and I almost tripped over my feet but succesfully caught myself. I turned around. I rolled my eyes when I saw Brynn together with Pauline with another girl. She started throwing insults and taunted me. I felt my anger rise and my hand formed into a fist. I clenched in to hard that my knuckles went that yellow-white colour. I couldn't take the insults that she spat about my family anymore and swung my fist at her. It connected with her head and she stepped back before falling to the ground. I quickly jumped ontop of her and started hitting her. She cried out in pain and fear and none of her friends had the courage to do anything. It didn't take long before someone pulled me off. The strange man held my bicep tightly, making sure I wouldn't go anywhere soon. I learned that this man was Brynn's father. "Who the hell do you think you are!" He screamed into my face. I ignored him and tried getting free. "Where are your parents?" He growled. I looked around for my father and instantly relaxed when I saw him round a corner.

 I looked around for my father and instantly relaxed when I saw him round a corner

"There he is" I told the man and pointed at my father. His grip instantly loosened as he realized who my father was. "I'm sorry Mr Shelby. I-I didn't realize she was yours" the man stammered when dad arrived. Daddy looked down at me to see if I was hurt befor elooking back at the man. "What's your name?" Dady asked, "Lockwood. Phineas Lockwood, sir" he quickly told him. I looked upand saw dad nodding at him. "Hope you have a good night's sleep tonight, Mr Lockwood" Daddy said scaring him, before grabbing my hand. I saw Mr Lockwood gulp before I walked away with dad. We stopped when Ms Honey approached us. "Not many kids have the courage to stand up to Brynn Lockwood" she said, "the Lockwoods have helped this school through great dept. So every parent has told their children to just let Brynn be Brynn" she explained, "then its good she is a Shelby. Cause we are on top of the food chain" daddy told her. "See you tomorrow, Roelynn" Ms. Honey called after me as we walked away from her. I turned around and waved goodbye. "I like Ms. Honey" I told my father.

Published: 10th of March 2022

Ya'll got your update. It took about 1.5 months but you got it. Hope it didn't dissapoint