My sweet little Roe

(Roelynn's P.O.V.)
I ran as fast as I could over the pebbles, which made a crunching sound underneath my shoes. I felt my lungs burn and my throat went dry making it feel like sandpaper. But I still tried to call out "daddy!" Although it hurt. I turned my head around and saw Pauline trying to catch up to me. I just hoped that the front foor was open atleast. Even if no one, besides Pauline of course, had seen me. Because then I could go inside. Sadly, before I even managed to get halfway, I felt Pauline harshly grab my arm and pull me back towards her. "You little brat" she sneered and pulled her arm back before striking down. I felt her hand connect to my face and the painfull sting and burn instantly formed. I tried to pull myself free, but it only angered her more and she threatened to hit me again. In fear I shut my eyes and waited for the next slap. But it never came. I only felt a tugg on my other arm, like someone pulled me away. I opened my eyes and relief washed over me as I saw daddy. He was stood in front of me, blocking Pauline from getting to me while holding her wrist in a tight grip. "Don't. You. Touch. My daughter" he growled angry at her, he reminded me of a raging bull as he stood there, "Mr Shelby" Pauline began and pulled her wrist away from his grip, "she is not your daughter". Dad chuckled darkly at her, it would give you chills over your spine. Yet I felt completely save with him, even if he was angry. Because I know that he wasn't angry at me. He was angry in a protective manner. "She talked. And by court order, she can return home. To her actuall home". Pauline straightened her back "you don't have any proof that she talked". "I do. She called out for me". But Pauline did not budge "thats just your mind playing tricks" she shrugged before looking down at me. Instantly I felt myself tense up and I knew I was going to freeze and probably won't be able to say something.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I felt Roe tightly hug my leg and I could feel her body going tense as Pauline looked down at her. "So make your goodbye and then we'll be on our way" Pauline said motioning to Roe, "she is not going anywhere with you" I told her sharply and moved again to hide Roelynn behind me. "oh yes she is". "She is not going!" I firmly stated. Pauline rolled her eyes before moving around me to try and reach for Roe. Then out of nowhere "No! I'm not going!" Little Roe called out. I felt immense pride as I realized she just had talked back at Pauline, especially when Pauline awknowledge it aswell. "what did you just say?" She growled at Roelynn and I could feel my little Roe flinch against my leg. "She said she is not going" I told her and grabbed Pauline's custody paper's from my pocket before tearing it up. "Now get the hell of my property, before I shoot you" I threatened before softly grabbing Roe's hand so I can take her home. But we didn't even get to turn around before Roelynn was snatched from my hand and she screamed out for me in a bloodcurdeling scream. My protective instinct kicked in and I turned around while pulling out my gun and pointing it at Pauline "don't!".

But I froze almost immediatly once I saw the gun that Pauline had against Roelynn's head

But I froze almost immediatly once I saw the gun that Pauline had against Roelynn's head. My eyes constantly moved back and forth from Roe and Pauline. My little girl looked absolutely fearfull and I could see her lip quiver. Helpless eyes looked at me. I felt feae creep into my veins but I had to look like it was going to okay, for her. So I stayed steong and didn't show any other emotion. "It's going to be alright, my little Roe" I told her calmly to which she nodded but I could see the tears in her eyes. I looked up at Pauline "you're not going to shoot her" I told her shaking my head, "don't tempt me, Mr Shelby" she snarled and pushed the gun harder into my child's head. I shook my head at her "no matter what I do. You won't do anything to her. You need her. I don't know for what but I have a feeling it has something to do with Steve and Marie" I told her. I could see her scowl at me before answering "it was supposed to be mine. But then this little brat was born and they changed it!" She yelled angrily. There it is. All of this for fucking money. "They never wanted her to begin with. Should've aborted her when they had the chance" she sneered looking at Roelynn. "No, you're wrong. There is not a big enough number, not enough stars in the skies that can show you how much Steve and Marie loved her. Their love was infinite. I will never be able to compete with that love, but I will be damned if I don't try". Pauline rolled her eyes not agreeing with my statement. "Then let's make a deal. My money for her" she offered. "Its not your money" I said shaking my head, "well, if I am not getting my money, you're not getting her" she said. Then it felt like everything went into slowmotion. I saw her aim her gun from Roe towards me before pulling the trigger. I raised my own gun to Pauline, but before I was able to pull the trigger, I felt the bullet impact in my left side. My body jolted upon feeling the pain but I still managed to pull the trigger. Sadly, I missed because I had stumbled back when the bullet connected and then fell down. A groan escaped my throat and I tried to get up, knowing that Pauline was still standing. Then, I froze when I heard a second bullet being fired off. My body refused to move to look over in Pauline's and Roelynn's direction. If I don't see it, it didn't happen is what my brain told me.  While my heart desperatly tried to gain control, wanting, needing to know if Roelynn was safe. Thankfully my heart won. I put my hand against my abdomen, immediatly feeling the wet and sticky blood coating my hand but ignored it and kept going. I succesfully got up on my hand and knees and turned my head to look at Pauline and Roe. Pauline was standing upright while Roelynn was laying on the ground, not moving an inch. An agonizing pain filled my heart and I felt tears sting my eyes.

The pain in my heart was so painfull that it made me nauseous and I felt like throwing up

The pain in my heart was so painfull that it made me nauseous and I felt like throwing up. I looked back up towards Pauline. Then I became angry, resentfull. My body tensed up, my heart began to beat rapidly and my hands and jaw clenched. I didn't feel the pain anymore and stood up, ready to charge to maim and kill Pauline. Yet my anger was replaced with confusion when I noticed she was swaying weakily from left to right. But most of all, I noticed Roelynn who wasn't laying liveless on the ground as I had thought. She was now very carefully trying to get away from Pauline. I tried my best to keep Pauline's attention on me but she noticed Roe and aimed her gun at her again. "You fucking-" then a loud bang came from behind me, making me flinch. Pauline went silent before falling liveless to the ground. I quickly gave a quick glance behind me to see who the person was that shot. Polly. "That's two" she sneered indicating she had shot Pauline twice. I laughed in relief before turning back towards Roelynn. She had now gotten up to her feet and was now watching me carefully. Then I saw her lip quiver and tears fill her eyes. "Oh Roe. I'm sorry" I said to her. "You promised me" she softly cried, "I know. And I'm so.. sorry" I replied and I could hear my voice break with guilt, "you said you wouldn't leave me. But you did". "I know. I made a mistake-" I began but went silent when she had ran to me before falling against me. Arms wrapping around my neck, which made me freeze in shock. "But I forgive you" she then spoke. Relief was over me and I hugged her back. "Oh, my sweet darling. Thank you" I smiled before kissing her.

Afterwards she laid her head on my shoulder

Afterwards she laid her head on my shoulder. I closed my eyes before whispering "I've got her, brother. And I won't ever let her go again".

The End

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I had writing it.