Safety

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I had a hold of Angela's throat. I wanted her to pay for hurting Roe. I wanted to be the karma, give her everything back that she did to Roe. "Im going to make you regret even looking at my baby" I growled at her. Even knowing what I can do to her, she still talked back at me. "Mr Shelby, she is not your child". I chuckled at her. "She became my child when I made a promise to take care of her". I glared at her and then Polly called out. "Thomas she needs a hospital". After those words left her mouth my anger left my veins and was replaced by fear. I let go of Angela's throat and I turned around and ran over to my family. As I got closer I saw that Roelynn was getting worse. I quickly grabbed my coat from the floor and wrapped it around her before picking her up. "Then lets go" I said and made my way to the car. I was now in the car with Roe in my arms while one of my brothers drove. I had wrapped Roelynn up in my coat to keep her warm as I spoke to her in Romani. She was starting to get a fever and she was sweating more and more with the passing minute. "Will you go faster" I ordered Arthur with anger. Eventhough I was angry they knew it was just fear making me this angry at them.

We had arrived in the hospital and the doctors said she just needs a lot of rest. She had been in shock from the water but luckily it was minor. She was now laying on the couch asleep with a blanket drapped over her and the fire crackling in front of her. I was in the corner reading a news paper. The silence in the room had a comfortable aura. But it didnt take long before it was interupted. Cause Roe was starting to wake up. She stirred in her sleep and soon her eyes opened up. I saw her body snap upright into a sitting position and looked around the unfamiliar room with fearfull eyes. Her eyes met mine and I could see her move further back into the cushion of the couch and wrap herself in the blanket like a burrito. I had to figure something out to calm her down. But everytime I moved she would make a scared sound, so I sat quietly in my chair. Waiting for her to make the moves.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
It began to get scarier when thunder began to form in the skies. The loud bangs filled my eardrums and I shivered at every bang. I didnt have Mr Monty who would protect me from the thunder. But I had someone else, Mr Shelby. But I dont know if I can trust him. My mind fought with my body. My mind asking questions about him. Was he going to hit me for running away from him? Yell at me for falling in the water? So I just hid from him and the thunder underneath the blanket. But I needed to feel more comfort than a blanket.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
A loud bang errupted outside. I looked out the window and saw a bright flash. But I was snapped out of my gaze when something, well someone, clung to my leg. I looked down and saw Roe holding my leg very tightly. She was shaking uncontrolably. My face softened but in my mind I was cheering that she felt safe enough to come to me. I picked her up and pulled her into a protective hugg.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I heard her sniffle from crying

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I heard her sniffle from crying. I said comforting words in Romani to her. Soon enough she fell asleep in my arms. Sometimes I would walk around with her in my arms and sometimes I would humm to her. Finally she felt and was safe in my arms.

Published: 24th of may 2021