11

[I Got the Music]

Julie stood by her locker as she hummed I Got the Music.

"Hey, can I have my sticks back?" a boy in a marching band uniform asked.

Julie frowned and looked in her back pocket to see drumsticks. She handed them to the boy with a frown.

Flynn and Elijah walked up to their friend.

"Hey, what's up?" Julie asked.

Flynn smiled. "Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self."

"Thanks?"

"So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented?" She glanced around. "Still dead?"

Julie chuckled. "Amazing. Luke, Eli and I spent the whole weekend writing songs. Come on. You wanna hear some of them?"

"Duh!"

"The looks they were sharing? Awkward!" Elijah added, shooting a smirk to Julie who narrowed her eyes at him.

The three made their way to the music room and Julie said, "Like it was flowing through me, like when I used to write years ago."

Julie sat on the piano bench and Flynn stood in front of her.

The curly-haired teen said, "So, this is the first song Luke, Eli and I wrote." She took out a few papers that had been scribbled with notes. "Here's a bit of the chorus."

She played part of the chorus of Edge of Great.

Flynn smiled widely. "Wow! I like it! Definite Gaga vibes."

Elijah nodded. "Oh, yeah. Definitely. Ellie would've loved it."

"Thanks!" Julie replied. "Yeah, she would've. I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something me, Ellie and my mom worked on. Luke, Eli and I finished it with their help. Check it out."

Julie played the melody as she looked at another sheet and began singing once again to Stand Tall.

Flynn said, "That's... That's beautiful. And my girl Julie has got a crush, and his name is Luke."

"Luke's a ghost!"

"A cute ghost."

"With a perfect smile."

"Ha! knew it! Just remember he's made of air."

"Cute air."

"Just don't get hurt, okay? Obviously you guys have a connection. Everybody's talking about when you're gonna play again."

"Play again? We don't even have anything planned. Luke and I have just been focused on writing songs."

"Lucky for you, your marketing team has been way ahead of you."

"I don't have a marketing team."

She pulled a flyer from her bag. "Yes, you do! And surprise! You're both playing the school dance tonight, and I'm DJ-ing too."

Julie grabbed the flyer which read 'Julie and Elijah and their hologram band'.

"I posted it all over social media. You have an excellent marketing team."

Elijah's eyes widened. "No, no. This is in front of the whole school!"

Flynn picked up her vibrating phone. "Sorry! You two already have 68 likes." She walked away.

Julie and Elijah grabbed their bags, she picked up the flyer and they said, "Wait!"

---

Reggie held a pink flyer up and said excitedly, "We're playing a school dance? Sweet!"