19

People gathered at the Molina household for the EJ and the Phantoms performance.

Carrie walked through the crowd and up to Nick before saying, "Hey."

Nick turned to see Carrie and let out a light sigh before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"Julie and Elijah are two of my oldest friends. Rumor has it Elijah has a crush on me." She crossed her arms and stared, facing the garage. "I'm sure they just forgot to invite me."

"Look, we're not getting back together, Carrie."

Carrie let out a wry laugh and met Nick's eye. "I've heard that before. Something doesn't add up about those holograms. I know for a fact Ellie's dead." She placed a hand on Nick's shoulder. "I wouldn't trust them," she removed her hand, "if I were you." She placed a hand to her chest.

"What's up, everybody? Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from EJ and the Phantoms," Flynn rapped, causing the audience to cheer and applaud.

Two boys opened the doors and Julie and Elijah walked out before saying, "Thanks for coming, everyone!"

Julie and Elijah began playing and singing. Shortly after, the band kicked in.

Ray tilted his head, seeing Eloise. She'd died, so how was she here?

After Julie and Elijah sang the first chorus, Eloise and the boys came in after her. Reggie and Luke strummed their guitars while Eloise and Alex banged the drums and the microphone while singing into the mics.

The audience, excluding Carrie, danced to the rhythm. The twins shared a smile and sang together.

Luke stared at Julie as he sang, and the two sang together.

Julie climbed up the piano bench, then the piano before sitting on the end as the audience sang along with her.

Luke had a guitar solo while Julie sang. He walked closer to her as he played.

Julie stood on the piano as she sang.

Luke sang, still staring at Julie.

Reggie caught Eloise's eye and the two shared a smile.

Alex, Reggie and Eloise disappeared as Luke and Julie stared into each other's eyes and sang the end of the song together with Elijah.

Luke disappeared, causing the audience to freak out.

---

As the three ate pizza, Flynn said, "I can't say this enough; that was incredible. But epic fail on that eye contact thing." Julie and Elijah chuckled.

"So how do you do those holograms?" Carlos asked.

"Oh, don't try to understand it, Carlos," Ray told him. "I don't."

"That's because you're old."

Ray fake laughed. "Funny guy. I'd send you to your room, but then who's gonna clean up this mess?"

Julie giggled before saying, "Don't poke the bear."

"Mm-mm," Flynn and Elijah said before tutting and shaking their fingers.

Carlos walked away and Ray asked, "So what are the boys and girl doing right now? How is Eloise there? I thought she-"

Julie shrugged. "Hanging out, I guess. You know, or whatever you do from where they're from." The three glanced at each other and nodded.

"We hooked up an old video of her," Elijah lied smoothly.

Julie then asked, "Hey, so what cameras did you use out there?"