Chapter 5

Extra Info
Pocket: The area that a quarterback stands and throws the ball.
Hot route: The first player a quarterback looks to throw to on a play.
Slant: A receivers route that they move trying to get open. The move at a slanted angle.
Halfback: Player who carries the ball when it's not passed. They can catch the ball too.
Receiver: Player who catches the ball.
Quarterback: The player who throws the ball.
Checkdown: A short throw where the receiver does most of the work with his legs

Eren looked at the slip of paper, and looked at the dorm.

This was it.

He walked up to the door. He slightly knocked on the door.

"Mm-wha-"

He heard fast movement from in the room and some door slamming. He could've sworn he heard some whispering, but brushed it off.

"Come in!" He heard from inside the room. He shrugged and walked in.

He pushed the door open and saw some clothes on the ground. There was a pile of text books, and stacks of video games, as well as walls full of Football Jerseys and memorabilia. Sitting on a bed with a loosely put on shirt and tie, and some strange mismatching shorts. He had a pure white face and he was looking at the floor. He finally looked up when he stopped right in front of him.

"Eren?" He cocked an eyebrow, but it seemed like he calmed down. "What are you-"

Eren raised a football playbook. The blood reentered Jean's face.

"Oh yeah, I kinda forgot..." He rubbed the back of his neck. He nervously laughed, and took a peek towards the closet. Eren turned around and walked towards the closet. He slowly knocked on the closet door.

"Anyone home?" He said calmly. He heard nothing.

"Th-there's no one-" Eren's hand lifted into a "shush" position.

"Jean, is your half-naked girlfriend in there?" Jean's face slowly turned an embarrassing shade of red. Eren mentally facepalmed.

"Fine, I'll leave. You two can have more fun." He turned to leave the room, but the closet door opened. A women left the closet quickly. She was fully clothed.

She looked oddly familiar.

"Sorry for interfering Jean." She said quietly. "I'll just head back to my dorm." She quickly put her jacket on and left. She gave Eren a quick glance as she left. She slowly closed the door behind her.

After she closed the door behind her, Jean and Eren took turns staring around the room. Finally, Jean broke the silence.

"Y-Trips 15-Verts. As a five-star recruit, you should know the route the hot route runs." He stated. Eren, a little surprised, answered quickly.

"The Hot route is the slot receiver. The slot receiver is running a slant to the outside."

"Correct. Damn you're good." He smiled a bit, breaking his cold gaze, and looked at him knowingly.

"On a PA Double-Roll Right, What does the halfback do?" Eren asked.

"Easy. He blocks incoming edge rushers." Eren gave him a fist bump.

"Not bad Jean."

"Not bad yourself Jaeger."

...

"HIIIIIIIKE!"

Rain was falling at an insane rate. Before the team knew it, they were practicing in slop.

The ball was snapped, and Jean stepped back in the pocket. He watched his hot route, but he wasn't open. His second option was Eren, who wasn't moving at all, just as a checkdown target. With no one open, he threw to Eren. He caught it easily and stepped on the gas. The first would be tackler missed completely. The second was thrown aside by a juke move. He dodged a few others, before a big guy, about 6'7, pulled him down from behind.

The coaches clapped and teammates cheered. The Head Coach blew his whistle.

"That's it boys! Go home and get some rest. We have our first game tomorrow! It's gonna be like this tommorow too, so you bet your asses we're practicing tomorrow morning!"

The tired men with huge masks on slumped as they slowly trotted to the locker rooms. The field reeked of masculinity and required a new paint job. The midfield logo had been destroyed horrible since it was raining so hard, and cleats had attacked the logo so often.

Good thing this was just a practice field.

Eren undressed and headed for the showers. He threw his towel onto a bar to hold it, and turned on the nozzle to clean himself.

It felt good to rid himself of the dirt and sweat after a hard practice.

After he finished, he dried off, and got dressed in casual clothes.

"Hey Eren." He looked up as he tied his shoes. It was Jean.

"Hey Jean. Good performance out there."

"Thanks man, you too." They bumped fists. There was a moment of awkward silence before Jean continued. "And About last night..." Eren felt a small smirk grasp his lips, but he responded casually.

"I won't tell anyone Jean, don't worry." Jean, seemingly relieved, patted Eren on the shoulder.

"Thanks man, I appreciate it." He left the locker room. Eren followed not too long after.

As he pulled out his car keys, read to drive back to his dorm, he caught a glimpse of someone.

It was someone he knew.

"Hey." He said casually, as he walked up to the women. She was a bit startled, seeming as she jumped a bit. She turned around, and stone-faced, she asked him bluntly.

"Is your name Eren Jaeger?"