Lipgloss

He smelled like cigarettes and cologne

She smelled like strawberries and perfume.

He loved the smell on her.

She loved the smell on him.

Yet they despised each other. She was the light at the end of the tunnel. And he was the darkness that filled it.

This time it was different. As they both sat in class, across the room from each other, he was looking at her with a different look in his eyes. He kept glancing at her, with a slight smirk each time.

She felt his eyes coming back to her multiple times. Looking up from the worksheet, she glances over at him. Now they were both making eye contact. He smirks, she rolls her eyes.

The bell rings, meaning the school day was over. Instead of going home, she makes her way toward the art class. It was empty, but she doesn't mind the emptiness. She likes it better. Getting to draw and paint whatever comes to her mind.

Her phone buzzing from the group chat with her friends asking if she's going to the party on Saturday.

"Look at miss popular over here." He chuckled, lighting a cigarette. Waving the smoke, that getting blown towards her, away.

"Can you, oh I don't know? NOT BLOW YOUR SMOKE TOWARDS ME." She said annoyingly.
He took a step back, "Woah woah, calm down there princess. It won't happen again." Blowing smoke towards her one last time.

She rolled her eyes and without even bringing her artistic skills to life, she huffed while gathering her belongings.

"Where're you going princess?"

"Somewhere you aren't."

"Sounds like you want me there...princess." He smirked, knowing exactly how to push her buttons.

"No I really don't. And stop calling me princess."

"You're the princess and I'm the prince. Alright?... Princess."

She rolled her eyes making a way for the door. He grabbed her hand, stopping her. Her lipgloss falling from the open pocket on her bag. He bent down to pick it up with his free hand, still holding on to hers with his other.

"Can I  have my lip gloss back?" She said, pulling away from his hand.

"Oh princess, if you want it back, you gotta kiss me." He smirked.

She leans in closer to him. He leans in closer to her. And before their lips touched, she took the lip gloss from his hands, and stepped back.

"Wow. You sneaky little-" She cuts him off. "What? Princess?", She gave a small grin while applying the lip gloss.