Chapter 10: Space-stuff

"You put me with Logan in the list. Afraid to be with me without him Peppa."

"Yeah I am afraid. Afraid of your loud obnoxious mouth. If Logan can keep it shut I'll gladly put him just not on the list but everywhere with you." I stomp my thumbs on my phone screen and text back Adrien.

"You do realize I don't fear Logan. I can still do and say whatever I want in front of him."

"Yes I do know you have no decency or respect for anyone.That'd be too much to ask from a jerk like you. You don't care about anyone else but yourself."

Ever since I unblocked Adrien on our last group meeting, we have been texting each other randomly. Oh, and they are not pleasant texts at all.

True to his words Adrien didn't send me any pig photos or poor fat jokes, but the devil is creative when it comes to annoying me. It's like it is his life mission to annoy the hell out of me.

When all the stylists in our team were sharing their ideas on chat, he was very subtle to criticize only mine, including the really cool jacket that I found on Pinterest. I couldn't point fingers because taking others' critique was the whole point, but I knew Adrien didn't give a damn about clothes or makeup. He was only there to rile me up.

And riling me up was what he did, to the point that I had to slip into his private DMs to confront him. And thus our back and forth started.

Now we are on about something completely off the tangent.

I had divided the guys in our show into three groups to take them for shopping at city's market. Today I shared the list in our chat group, and not even a minute later my cell phone buzzed with incoming messages from Adrien. He's taunting me about putting him with Logan.

That man just needs a reason to mess with me. Though he's right this time. I have learned that Logan keeps Adrien and his tongue in control - as much as he can - so to make it easy for myself I lumped him with Logan and Zaid for our shopping spree next weekend.

My phone again buzzes.

"Unlike you I don't start respecting any no name shit."

"So you're calling Logan any no name shit. I wonder what he'll have to say about that." I text him, a creepy smile curving on my lips.

"I'm not talking about Logan...and don't you look so eager to snitch on me." His reply was instant.

"Is it so hard for you to admit that you look up to Logan?"

"I don't need to admit anything to you."

I roll my eyes at his bullheadedness. "I don't care either. I'm done talking to you. I have assignments to do."

"Whatever nerd."

"Whatever jerk."

With that I turn off my phone and look back at my laptop screen. I have no idea why I was even entertaining Adrien when I can be productive and do my work. No wonder I blocked him before.

Still I must give it to him for not cracking a single joke about my body on the texts this time. I think he doesn't want to get blocked again. There's no dial down on his arrogance or assholishness, but I like that he's being careful. He should be.

******

Areum and I meet Trent, Jaxon and Ryan near our college's bus stop around eleven on the Satuday morning  and take the bus to city's street market.

"It's the first time I am letting someone else pick my clothes. I hope you girls can take the pressure," Jaxon says as we ride the bus. We all are seated at the back row.

Areum, who is sitting next to me, bends forward to look at Jaxon. "It's the first time I'm picking someone else's clothes. I hope you boys don't make me hate you with your fussiness."

"Ooh burn," Trent, who is sitting on my other side, comments.

We all chuckle as Jaxon grunts. Pint-sized Areum can be quite feisty.

"Try to make this quick. There's a party at Jeffrey's apartment tonight." Ryan says. "Apartment no. 45, fourth floor, VineWood. Don't say I didn't tell you."

"Never been the one to pass on free alcohol," Jaxon says, making Areum roll her eyes, "not missing it for anything."

"All we have to purchase is you guys' clothes. We can buy other stuff next time. It shouldn't take more than the afternoon," I tell them.

"Then I'm in too. If I get shit face drunk I can just crash in Adrien's room," Trent chirps before turning to me. "Harper, you're coming to the party, right?" He asks me.

"I'll see if I can make it," I evade his question.

VineWood houses many students who are living off-campus. The apartments are just a few blocks away from college grounds. Jenny wanted to rent an apartment there but she couldn't as they are expensive. Not only are they near to University, they also offer quite an extravagant housing that not every student can afford. If you come from rich family then VineWood is for you, and if not then you have to make do with closet-sized dorm rooms like mine.

I've heard Adrien lives there too, that explains why Trent can crash at his place.

"I haven't seen you at parties." Trent doesn't take the hint and continues. "You should come. If you're worried about that night's incident repeating I can pick you from your dorm. Be ready by eight."

"What incident?" Aerum asks.

"A week ago someone stalked me when I was returning to my dorm. Thankfully, I found Trent and his teammates in time, so nothing happened." I give the short version, not wanting to dwell on the conversation further. Only Areum and Ryan here don't know, Jaxon was there that night too.

"Damn!" Areum mutters.

"What happened, happened. She's good now," Jaxon says.

"Yeah she's doing great and she's also coming to the party." Trent looks at me with his big brown eyes.

I sigh. "Like I said, I'll see."

We soon reach the market and get off the bus. It's the weekend so the market is bustling with people. I would pick a weekday to come here if not for college.

The whole afternoon goes by in a blink as we shop for boys' clothes. As predicted Jaxon is a picky person which leads him and Areum to butt heads. If Jaxon is fussy, then Ryan is too passive. Sometimes I feel like I'm shoving my choices on him. I know he's not a stylist, but little inputs here and there can be a good guide for me to work with him.

The only one who's a good participant is Trent. He's active and not fussy.

We buy them pair of white, black and silver pants. Finding those perfectly-shaped silver pants for Trent was hell of a task. We also get a shiny robe, tank tops and a jacket, along with random stuff to make accessories. I wanted to buy some glasses and jewelry too but boys moaned about missing the party, so I postponed it to the next visit.

It's almost five in the evening when we're done and get on the bus to go back.

"I'm going to pass out," Jaxon says, half-lying on his seat.

"If you weren't so bitchy then you'd be lot less tired. All of us would be lot less tired." Areum scowls at him. Yeah, she dislikes him.

Jaxon groans moodily but doesn't say anything. I don't think he has energy to say anything.

"It feels like we are preparing for an actual space launch, not for some college show." Ryan leans his head against the headrest and closes his eyes.

"Stop exaggerating. At each store you just stood at the corner," I point out, "you can't be that tired."

"I can't wait for the party," Trent says, no sign of exhaustion on his face. "We got ourselves space-stuff, now it's time to get high."

Boys laugh at his poor joke, making me and Areum roll our eyes. 

******