Chapter 18: Owning Him

Sun is shining brightly in the sky and the light gusts of wind hit me pleasantly. It's a perfect Saturday to go out and enjoy my favorite Rose-berry ice cream sundae. Instead I'm stuck spending it with my nemesis. Courtesy of our fashion show.

To add more to my distress Areum isn't joining us today either. She has to be with Sandra and other girls for the clothes fitting. So I have to handle all three guys by myself - which wouldn't be a big deal if Adrien wasn't one of them. He's always troublesome, and after our last night's encounter I am expecting him to be more difficult. I am only glad that Logan will be there too.

I try to calm my jittery nerves as I walk through my dorm's garden to its gate. Logan informed me that he'll be picking me up since we are traveling to city by his car.

When I reach the gate I find a black SUV parked at the side and Logan waving to me from its driver's seat. I see Adrien and Zaid sitting inside too. I suck in a breath before opening the door and climbing in.

Zaid greets me as I sit next to him at the back seat. Logan wishes me good morning and Adrien shoots me a scowl through the rear-view mirror. I reply every one accordingly and we hit the road.

Logan makes small talk about college and usual stuff, most likely to cut down the tension between me and Adrien. Zaid is busy with his phone but he chimes with some comments in between. Adrien sits silent, even though I feel anger rolling out of him in waves. Guess who's still salty about last night?

"So Harper, I heard you were on a date with Raphael yesterday," Zaid says as though he heard my thoughts. The heaviness inside the car increases tenfold at the mere mention of my date.

Logan shakes his head.

"Yeah," I mumble out, my face heating up.

"How did it go?" Zaid asks, smiling and ignoring the glare Adrien is shooting him through the rear-view. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's deliberately trying to incite Adrien.

"It was good. We met at Sling Delight and kept it casual. He was fun and easy to talk to. I enjoyed our time together," I blabber.

"Did you two kiss?" A mischievous grin spreads on Zaid's face and it almost looks odd since I'm used to his evergreen frown. "What am I saying? Of course, you two kissed. I should be asking if you two-"

"Zaid, I know you haven't learned the basics of human interaction, but let me tell you the questions you're asking Harper are inappropriate." Logan interrupts him.

"She is basically one of the guys now. Besides I won't be able to match Adrien when it comes to being inappropriate with her."

"Shut your mouth Haider!" Adrien barks and I jump in my seat.

Zaid's smile widens, unbothered by his outburst. "What? I didn't say anything wrong."

"Don't poke the beast right now Zaid," Logan warns.

"I can't help myself when it's fun."

"One more word and my fist is coming for your face," growls Adrien.

"Shut it, both of you," Logan says before Zaid can speak. He gives a pointed look to both of them. "We have company. Behave. Once we drop her back, you two can go for each other's throat. I'm not going to stop you."

I don't like how small and powerless I feel when I'm surrounded by these big men. They are talking as if I wasn't here, and I might as well not be. With the way Adrien is looking at me from the rear-view, I just want to hide away.

The tense silence stretches until Logan turns on the stereo. Music does nothing to cut down the tension. It is barely an hour ride to city, but right now it feels like a year.