02 | double-chocolate

——————— sitara ⋮ ⋆

"HOW DO YOU even drink that?" I asked with my nose scrunched at Aisha's transparent glass filled with green liquid. "And you said this was a party. Who serves kale smoothies at parties?"

"Turns out we do because it was the only thing in the fridge. Cheers!" She clinked the cup with Trisha's and took a long gulp as if she was drinking water. I glanced at Deepika and she shared my look of disgust.

"I think we are the only sane ones here," I told her. She agreed and reached her arms out to me with a pout. We started our own pity party over the lack of a drink while Aisha started the movie. Trisha lowered her cup and began texting on her phone. I peeked in to take a look — being the snoopy person I am, that was the right thing to do — and smirked when I found out she was texting her Bava. And what she was texting I couldn't see, because I was blinded by red emojis.

Deepika noticed this too and plucked the phone out of her hands. "For Lord Krishna's sake, Akhil knows he is the best husband in the world and you love him so much. I thought we agreed on no men today?"

Deepika was a huge devotee of Lord Krishna to the point of obsession. It's almost like she was smitten with the Lord himself. But I can't blame her. His idols and paintings are portrayed that way — handsome, mischievous and incredibly charming. It is hard to not to fall in love.

"Deeps, we are still in the honeymoon phase. I want to be all lovey-dovey with him while this lasts. Let me at least tell him good night," Trisha pouted.

"I am pretty sure he will have a good night, especially after seeing all the red hearts you sent him. And if you can't see it, Akhil is madly in love with you and no one would believe it if you said you had an arranged marriage. No need to worry over something that's not gonna happen. Now shut up and drink your kale!" Deepika said and I slipped sideways from the couch, shaking with laughter.

Trisha grumbled and kicked my ankle before aggressively sipping on her juice.

"Nothing like a good high school drama," Aisha said, clapping and leaning back on the couch after playing Student of The Year. I leaned my head on Trisha's shoulders and watched the movie. My eyes grew dreamy when Varun Dhawan made his grand entrance in the movie. Deepika rolled her eyes at me. As if she doesn't drool over Sidharth Malhotra.

My hands reached for the packet of chips and grabbed a handful. Deepika slapped my hand, making me drop a few inside the packet before allowing me to have it. And the next time I put my hands in there, it was empty.

"Okay, I need a milkshake. I don't care if it's midnight because this is torture. We only took a no-soda oath this year. Not a milkshake ban!" I complained, pausing the movie. "Deeps, can we order something?"

"Why didn't I think of that before you?" she asked, pulling out her phone and opening the app.

"You are acting exactly like the actresses in those TV serials, you know that right?" Aisha asked.

"Yes, of course. You do a good job reminding me that every single day, thank you very much," I said, sticking out my tongue and picking out my order on Deeps' phone.

"Can we resume the movie now?" Trisha asked, giving us a bored look. I pressed play and we all nestled together again. A few minutes later, my head was on Trisha's lap and my legs were stretched out on the floor diagonally. Deeps balanced her head on my thigh and was laying horizontally, her legs over Aisha's. Pillows were conjured out of nowhere and were stuck in between Aisha's head and the couch seat she was leaning on.

"Oh my god, did you see his face when she said that?" Trisha cracked up, "Poor guy!"

"And hold on, I saw those exact shoes in the mall that day!" Aisha said, pausing the movie and pointing at it. "I'm going to buy it the next time I go there. I doubt if the salespersons themselves know about this."