forty three - making up, making out

Harry jolted awake, sitting bolt upright in bed. He inhaled shakily, his unsteady hands frantically patting around on the warm mattress, searching for anything to hold onto. He recoiled when his fingers met a warm body, but then he relaxed, relief washing over him.

"Hey, hey." Louis's voice was gravelly, the deep, rich tone that only made an appearance when it felt far too early in the morning for him to be awake. He mirrored Harry's actions, groping about the bed blindly until he got a good hold on Harry's arm, squeezing reassuringly. "Alright?"

"I'm alright. Everything's fine," he promised. He ran his fingers through his hair, taking a deep breath to steady his pounding heart. "Go back to sleep."

"Come back here, then," Louis huffed, grumpy as ever. The older boy hadn't even opened his eyes, but he reached for Harry, pulling the younger boy back down so that he could spoon him.

Harry easily settled back against Louis's chest, squinting to block out the first rays of sunlight peeking in through his window. His eyelids were still heavy and drooping and Louis's body was so warm, and Harry felt his racing mind already starting to quiet.

Then Louis shifted, something hard poking against Harry's back.

"Louis," he laughed. "Go back to sleep."

"What about my --" he ground his hips forward against Harry's bum "-- problem."

"You're a big boy," Harry replied. Even his sassy remarks still came across a bit tentative, the words bittersweet as they rolled over his tongue. "I think you can figure it out for yourself."

Louis shrugged, and Harry could practically feel the older boy's smirk against the back of his neck. "Thought you might want to take care of it."

A warm pair of lips attached themselves to the back of Harry's neck, kissing a few times before sucking softly, Louis's tongue darting out to prod at his skin. Harry's breath caught in his throat, and he tilted his head back, giving the older boy better access as he scattered a trail of slow, hot kisses up Harry's neck and toward his jaw.

"You are my boyfriend, after all," Louis added, his words warm against Harry's skin. He giggled adorably afterwards, repeating excitedly as if Harry hadn't heard the first time: "Boyfriend."

Harry couldn't help the smile that spread across his face -- or the warmth that spread through his chest. He shifted around between Louis's arms, turning to face him. "Still wanna suck you," he confessed, his green eyes shining. "Can I?"

Instead of responding, Louis leaned down to kiss him. Their lips molded together like they were made for each other, and Harry swung one leg over Louis's hip, pushing the older boy down onto his back and straddling him comfortably. Louis's hand found the back of his neck, holding him in place, while the other wandered downward to palm his arse, kneading lazily at the soft muscle.

Harry parted his lips, and his tongue met Louis's in the middle. They kissed slowly; it was hot and heavy as always, but it wasn't so rushed or desperate (like sex usually was with Harry -- he just couldn't help it sometimes). The morning sun fanned out across Harry's shoulders, heating his skin, and Louis's lips urged any remnants of sleep from his body, breathing life into him.

"Can I?" Harry asked again, the desperate plea tumbling straight into Louis's mouth. He had to suppress a moan when Louis's expert fingers gripped at his thigh, squeezing possessively.

"You don't even have to ask," Louis murmured finally, grinning as he added, "Boyfriend."

Harry laughed, shoving Louis's shoulder playfully. "Lou, stop," he complained. His cheeks were flaming with so much love and embarrassment that he thought he might combust. He hid his blush by crawling down Louis's body, the covers still draped over his back, until he laid face to face with the bulge in the older boy's boxers.