Chapter 3

"Hailey? Are you in here?.."

    I let out a shaky breath, my stomach twisted and turned as I stood up, quietly unlocking the stall. I didn't quite recognize the voice that just spoke to me but it did sound somewhat familiar. I stepped out, taking a look at myself in the bathroom mirror, mascara dripping down my face along with stained tears.

    "Hailey?" I turned to my right. I knew it! Stacy was her name. I remember Luke talking about her before.

    "H-hi." I shuddered quietly.

    "Hey..I saw what happened. I um, just wanted to make sure your alright.." Stacy's eyes broke the contact and instead made its gaze the flooring.

    "I um..I'm okay. Just a little shaken that's all. I overreacted it really wasn't that big of a deal-"

    "No it is a big deal! Luke is hurting you, Hailey! He just hit you!" Stacy pleaded. I stayed quiet, gazing at the mirror, walking up to it, taking a look at my reddened, slapped, cheek. I let out a shaky exhale.

    "Your right. It is a big deal." I finally said looking at Stacy through the mirror.

    "We can't just let this happen, Hailey! We need to stop this drama and bullying!" Stacy said, walking up next to me. I met her gaze through the mirror again.

    "But how? How do we stop this? He's just going to end up blackmailing me if I leave this situation. I don't want to be bullied Stacy..." I felt more warm tears roll down my cheeks. Stacy stayed quiet for a moment before speaking.

    "...Does Luke like anyone?" She asked. I thought it was a strange question. I knew Stacy liked Luke, but why would she ask me if he liked anyone? Although I did know the answer to this.

    "Um..yes, why?" I responded.

    "Who?" She asked, her face and tone becoming a bit more stern.

    "I..I don't think I can tell you...He doesn't want anyone to know-" Hailey was cut off by Stacy.

     "If he doesn't want anyone to know, then this will be our weapon against him! Hailey, you've gotta trust me, this will work out-"

    I hear the door slide open again, I turn my head to find non other than Daisy Larsson.

    "Hailey? Are you okay?" Her sweet, worried tone asked.

    "I'm fine." I smiled. "But what we're you saying, Stacy?" I asked.

    "Oh, right, if you tell me who Luke likes, we can make it a weapon against him. Especially if he doesn't want anyone knowing about it. We can blackmail him. Get it, if we do this, we can stop the bullying!" She exclaimed. Stacy was right, she had a very good argument. I smiled.

    "Your right! Stacy your a genius!" I exclaimed back. Daisy came up to us.

    "Luke likes someone? Who?" She asked.

    "Yeah, Hailey tell us." Stacy smiled.

    "Well, surprisingly enough..He's actually dating, Zander."

   Luke's POV

    Many stares were upon me. I felt my blood run cold as I watched Daisy's wide eyes run away out of fear. I chuckled, turning me gaze back to my boyfriend.

    "Anyway. What were you saying?" I asked. Zander stayed quiet. Fiddling with his fingers. I raised an eyebrow looking down at him.

    "Zander?.." I asked once again.

    "Oh um, it's nothing...can we go?" He asked rather quickly.

    "Oh, yeah." I smiled. My rare, occasional, genuine smile. The two of us walked down the hall. Until we heard running footsteps behind us.

    "Drew?" I asked. "Where were you?"

    "Sorry. I got held up at class." He said, adjusting his emerald breach.

    "Right. Come on then," I said. Drew quickly took the spot to my right. As we walked down the hallway together. There were hundreds of stares upon us. Specifically me. I knew I just caused a whole lot of drama but honestly, nothing can backfire on me. I have the most power in the school. I am the most popular, the most good looking, and I have basically all of the authority in school.

 I am the most popular, the most good looking, and I have basically all of the authority in school

   With Hailey, Stacy, and Daisy (I just realized they all ended in a y-)

    "WHAT?!" Both Daisy and Stacy yelled in complete unison.

    "It's true," I said with a proud smile on my face.

    "I thought Luke was straight!" Stacy's expression widened. I chuckled, shaking my head.

    "Nope."

    "This is amazing! We can totally do this!" Daisy exclaimed with a wide smile.

    The three of us cheered, all of the bullying, trauma, and harassment caused by Luke Peterson would hopefully soon come to an end and we can peacefully live in a safe, non-violent school.

________________________

    (A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter of the Heathers x TMF AU book! I look forward to writing more chapters soon! Stay safe and I'll see you next time! ✨)

Word Count: 816