Chapter 8 (Final)

"Ladies and gentlemen, Hailey has an announcement to make."

   Hailey's POV

    I stood there, my body shaking, standing there, all eyes on me and the scene right in front of me. Luke and Zander. Zander was curled up in Luke's arms, silently shedding a waterfall of salty tears, all soaking into Luke's vibrant red suit. Luke turned his head a bit to face me, his eyes full of guilt and sorrow. I know he was truly sorry. I knew all of them were. Luke, Zander, and Drew. It pained me a bit, but not as much as I was pained when they harassed me.

    "I um.." I started, not knowing what to do. Should I or should I not? Should I or should I not?.. it kept racing in my mind, eventually I would have to decide.

    I thought to myself,

    But you have to! You have to fulfill the plan! It will be a happier, better place, Hailey, come on!

    But what about Luke and Zander?.. outting someone is a terrible thing to do..

    "Hailey, we're waiting." Jake said, shooting a menacing glare from beside me with a smirk. I look at him, my face heating up slightly. I sighed, recomposing myself.

     I've decided. I'm going to out them. Not for the karma, but for my friends.

    "Luke and Zander are dating. They have been for months. They've been keeping it a secret from you."

   No Ones POV

    Luke and Zander winced, tensing up, not wanting to face the harsh reality before them. The crowd fell into an astonishing silence. Almost the entire school was here, at Jake's house, and had just heard the words coming from Hailey's mouth.

    Spats started to break out between the crowd.

    "No that's not true!"

    "Where's the proof?"

    "Oh my god, seriously?!"

    Jake quickly grabbed a microphone from a nearby karaoke machine.

    "Ahem, if I could have your attention." The crowd fell silent again, wanting answers. Before Jake could talk again Luke and Zander began to run out of the house, Luke clutching on Zander's hand tightly as they made their escape. Sooner or later the picture would be sent out on social media and they would be outted to the world.

   With Luke and Zander

    They were running, they didn't care where, they just did. It was raining. Hard. Their shoes hitting the hard dirt path below their feet. Zander sobbed, his heart beating out of his chest, all he could think about was his father and what the terrible man did to him and his loving mother. Zander's pace began slowing down, bringing Luke with him.

    "Zander? Come on sweetie, please..we have to go." Zander stood there for a moment before finally breaking down into a fit of unconditional sobs. He broke down, falling to his knees, Luke by his side.

    "Zandy, come on.." Luke said, his eyes beginning to water as Zander laid his soaked head on Luke's lap. The two sat there while the world was breaking around them. The hard truth of reality breaking into their hearts, shattering them to a million pieces.

    The hard rain clattered against them, soaking them. They stayed there, Luke holding Zander as he fell into the void of sadness and guiltiness.

    "It's all my fault." Luke said, tears beginning to stream down his face.

    "None of this would have happened if it weren't for me. We wouldn't be here in this awful situation if it weren't for me. I'm so sorry." He said, his voice cracked, hushing into a whisper. Zander brought is head up to look at him. His beloved, most dearest best friend. His boyfriend.

    "No it's not. It's this cruddy, cruel, terrible world's fault." He said, his voice breaking, tears still streaming.

    "You said whatever would happen, we'd do it together!..I plan to keep that promise because nothing could ever separate us. Not even this." Zander said, lightly speaking the truth. Luke gave a crooked, wholesome smile to Zander. Their eyes shining in the light of the hard rain falling before them.

    "I love you."

    "I love you too."

Art By: Me

Art By: Me

Background By: RosyClozy (Edited By Me)

________________________________________

A/N: Thank you for reading the last full chapter of Heathers TMF AU! It was really fun to write, and I hope you enjoyed reading it aswell! The Art above was made by me, it took around 3-4 hours to make with 81 layers owo. 

Wait don't leave yet! Stay tuned for the epilogue coming later today!

Word Count: 770