The Reveal

[warning: lots of fluff]

Part 2: Chapter 25 

The Reveal

You yawn, stretching your arms and leaning up. You wince at the pain in your lower body, glancing at the cause who's sleeping peacefully beside you. 

Shoto's hair is tousled and crazy, mixing the white and red strands into a colored mess. His face is peaceful, and he's unmoving. You lay back down to face him, watching his bare chest rise and fall with his soft breaths.

"I love how you're the first thing I see every morning," he suddenly says, his voice raspy from sleep. Your cheeks grow warm, and you clutch the blanket around your naked body.

"I could say the same to you, except you're always already awake when I get up." You rise, covering your chest with the sheets.

He leans up too, wiping the sleep from his eyes. "Sorry. Usually the advisory would want me in a meeting by now, but it must be a slow day."

Shoto stares at your hands as you cover yourself, your cheeks getting warmer at his gaze. 

"It's nothing I haven't seen before," he mutters, leaning forward and hugging you. He doesn't take the covers from you, though, and lets you do what you want.

Or at least he does, until he starts to kiss your neck, making you sigh. "Shoto, not right now. Last night was—"

"Okay," he says, pulling away, "Sorry, but you being naked isn't helping."

"You're naked too," you protest, gesturing to his exposed chest. "You act as if I don't long for you as well."

He blushes at that, getting up and grabbing some clothes. You start to stand, but he stops you. "I'll help today. It must hurt."

You know what he means, and you can't deny it. You still ache from the night before.

So, you sit there, watching him get dressed and staying obediently. He pulls on his clothes, then grabs a dress for you to wear.

He holds it up, tilting his head. "is this one comfortable?"

"Shoto, that's a nightdress," you shake your head, grinning, "I can't wear that."

"Really? It's not even revealing. I couldn't tell," he counters, stepping towards you, "is it comfortable?"

"Yes . . . "

In fact, it's your favorite one, the most comfortable and least revealing. It makes you feel secure.

"It would be improper to wear that around the palace. I'm the queen now."

"You're my queen," Shoto says softly, "and my queen can wear whatever she likes."

He helps you put on your corset, tying it loosely and lacing up the back. 

"You're so beautiful," he whispers into the back of your neck. You giggle.

You slip on the nightdress with the help of your lover, twirling around. "So? Do I really look like a queen in this frilly nightgown?" You joke.

"A queen that could shake nations. A queen that could walk through flames," Shoto says, hugging you, "you're my queen, and you carry our child. I couldn't want anything more."

You hug him back, looking at his outfit. "You forgot a button," you purr, bringing your hands to the top of his shirt.

"No I—?"

You interrupt him with a kiss, placing your lips softly on his. "Now," you pull away, "time to start the day."

The doctor smiles, waving at you. "We're back with the results. It seems your babies are healthy, but there is one thing we noticed . . . "

You clutch Shoto's hand. "What is it?"

" . . . have you used your quirk in the last week, Your Majesty?" The doctor asks. "They seem to be, well, growing faster than expected."

"What do you mean?" Shoto interjects.

You answer the doctor. "I did use my quirk on the imposter six days ago. I . . . almost killed her."

"Did you feel any repercussions?"

"Actually, I didn't feel as powerful as I thought I would have. I stole a lot of energy from her."

"Ah, that's because," the doctor grins, "your children seem to have absorbed that energy. They're past the expected development—"

"Wait," you look up at him from where you're sitting, "did you say children?"

"My Queen," he bows, "you're having twins. A boy and a girl."

You snap your head to Shoto, whose eyes are teary. You hug him.

"Twins!" you say.

"Twins!" he replies.

"As I was saying," the doctor laughs, "your children are going to be born faster than expected. When you drained that person's energy, they absorbed it from inside you, furthering their development and making them healthier."

"So absorbing energy makes my babies healthier?" You smile.

"Yes, Your Majesty. As long as they are unborn."

"It's been six days since the imposters penetrated the palace," Shoto announces, "but we stopped them. Prince Katsuki of the Bakugou kingdom was able to save the staff of our palace from the infamous Mr. Compress, and no one was killed or harmed."

The advisory is full of whispers and nods. Sobakasu speaks up. "Did we take any of the League prisoner?"

"Yes, in fact," Shoto answers, nodding to you, "My wife took down Toga, who's quirk enabled her to change faces. She is in the dungeon as we speak. Mr. Compress and Dabi got away, but Stain, the King Killer, was also captured."

"What is the planned punishment for the imposters?" Someone asks.

King Todoroki nods. "Life in the dungeon. She did not kill anyone. Stain has been turned over to the Mizuki kingdom, since he killed their former king."

"But surely Toga has," one advisor shouts, "I say we execute her!"

"Yeah! She was the one who killed Mayra, right?"

"Is it really the same person? Then she should be dead as we speak!"

"Send her to the guillotine!"

You place your hand on Shoto's, nodding. "They're right, though," you whisper, "she's the one who killed Mayra and Ito."

You remember the guard she killed right in front of you, slashing his eyes and letting him bleed out from the stomach.

Shoto sighs. "I . . . I don't know."

You clench your teeth. "It's fine. It's fine, right? It's . . . It's the king's duty to bring justice."

"I suppose."

Shoto clears his throat. 

"As you wish. Toga, from the League of Rebellion, accused of killing two palace staff in the past and attacking the queen, will be beheaded tomorrow at noon."