── 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞! ──

ཻུ♡ ⋆ ༉‧₊˚

ཻུ♡ ⋆ ༉‧₊˚

── hi! here is a long overdue update!
it is probably shorter than the chapters
u guys are used to but i wanted to get 
something out! this is loosely (?) based
on a request i got from @ Rylauren!
sorry it took so long for me to drop
it but i hope you guys like this chapter 
(even if they aren't exactly official here)

it is based on the song 'maybe' by jake scott!
love u guys, keep dropping requests and do
vote & comment if u wanna <3 love ya! 
──

ཻུ♡ ⋆ ༉‧₊˚

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍? 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐈 ask you something?" Avan's voice seemed distant, his eyes more dazed than they usually were as his friend turned around to face him, looking at the boy who kept his legs crossed as he leaned back against the chair. "When do you know that you're like...you know, in love?" Avan asked quietly, his voice falling so silent the dark-skinned boy had to strain to make sure he could hear exactly what his friend was mumbling about.

"You're asking me?" Leon replied, flabbergasted as he struggled to suppress a smirk.

"Why not?"

"Bud, you and I have no game...why would I know what love's like?"

"I was just hoping...someone would," Avan admitted defeatedly, shaking his head defeatedly as Leon noticed the change in his usually cheerful friend's demeanour.

"What's with you? You been down in the dumps these few days, what's up with you?" Leon asked curiously as Avan shrugged indifferently, unsure how exactly to explain his predicament to his best friend. As close as they were, Avan, like any insecure teenager, feared what Leon would think of his hopeless romantic tendencies ── his madly passionate love for someone who probably didn't feel the same way.

"Let's just say...like...there's this girl," Avan explained as vaguely as he could, trying to get Leon's advice while keeping the identity of the girl a secret. "She and I...well, I think we've got a really good thing going. I'm...I'm falling, dude...I'm falling hard."

"It's Liz, isn't it!?" Leon asked point-blank, Avan's comically wide eyes answer enough. "Okay...so tell her! Ask her out!"

"It's not that simple," Avan sighed defeatedly, "like it's good, really good...but what if this is as good as it's gonna get? I don't...I don't want complicate...whatever kind of relationship we have right now, I don't wanna rock the boat so I'll just keep...playing pretend, I guess. I don't wanna call it the...you know, L word 'cause maybe I don't know what this is...but, god! I swear, I know exactly what this is."