You are Everything (DaiSuga)

Smut: 1/5
Fluff: 3/5
Angst: 3/5

Daichi and Suga had always been close. They would spend time together outside of school nearly every weekend. All Daichi knew was that it had always been easy with Suga. That's why it wasn't surprising that their roles as Captain and Vice fit so perfectly. The two worked so smoothly together. It wasn't until halfway through their third year that Daichi started seeing Suga as being insanely attractive, though it had always been in the back of his mind.

After one particularly draining practice match against Nekoma in which Karasuno lost, Daichi noticed that Suga was acting strange. Instead of his usual optimistic outlook, he seemed tired and sad. He noticed that, throughout the match, he was quieter than usual, as if something was on his mind. Now, the two stood in the club room alone, cleaning up. Suga faced the opposite direction, avoiding conversation with the other.

"What's wrong Suga? I can tell something's bothering you." Suga turned slightly, fist clenching a small towel in his hand. Though he wanted to remain silent, he just couldn't. "God I'm pathetic."

Puzzled, Daichi raised an eyebrow. "I mean, I really am useless huh?" Suga's tone was laced with a pitiful sorrow that broke Daichi's heart. "A third year replaced by a first year. What a joke." It was clear that the lost practice match wasn't what was on Suga's mind. Daichi couldn't stand to hear it any longer.

"Suga, you know that isn't true." After a quick second of silence, a painful laugh escaped Suga's mouth. "I'm worthless." Daichi was getting frustrated with the grey-haired setter. "What the hell Suga?! No, you're not!"

Suga turned, facing Daichi with angry tears in his eyes. "How Daichi? How are you gonna stand there and say that? How are you gonna prove to me that I'm worth something when-" Suga was cut off by Daichi's lips being pressed against his own. Daichi cupped the setters cheeks with firm hands.

After a few seconds, Daichi released his hold on his friend and dropped his hands to his sides. Suga stood there silently, shocked, his eyes still filled with tears. It was as if, in this moment, nothing could crack the fragile silence held between the boys. There wasn't a sound in the word louder than the quiet exchange between the two.

"Suga. Listen. You are the backbone of this team." Daichi reach forward and grabbed both of Suga's hands. "You're smart, and talented, and patient. You lift us up, and pretend like nothing bothers you. You do that for us. You deserve the world Suga- for all the work you do for us. I don't know where we'd even be without you. I don't know where I would be without you. So don't you dare say that you're worthless. Not when you are everything. To me, at least." Daichi had a nervous expression as he reached up and scratched the back of his neck anxiously.

Suga said nothing. Instead, he lunged forward, wrapping his arms around Daichi's neck, nestling his face in the crook of his neck. After a second of shock, Daichi smiled warmly and placed his hands at Suga's lower back.

Once Suga pulled away, his expression instantly changed to a teasing grin. "All that stuff you said was nice, Daichi... but that kiss!" He narrowed his eyes in a mischievous manner. "Oh shut up!" Daichi playfully pushed his shoulder, blushing profusely.

"I mean, that was a bit too steamy to be platonic, don't you think." Suga laughed, expecting another defensive jab. Instead, he was met with an even more sly grin as Daichi spoke. "You know, I think you might be right." Suga was the one to blush this time and his eyes grew wide.

"Come on, let's go home. We can finish cleaning before practice tomorrow." Daichi swung his bag over his shoulder and watched Suga do the same. He flipped the light switch in the club room and the two began to walk down the familiar school's path.

Suga bumped Daichi's shoulder with his own after a few moments of silence. "Well if that's really the case, then you better ask me out soon, before I change my mind about you." Daichi released a single breathy chuckle. "As if you'd change your mind."

Suga just laughed along with him, but deep down knew, that he wouldn't be changing his mind any time soon.