In-Mate

So this is an orignal chapter and not and oldie so new content :)

Gerard is a college student who finds it utterly unethical to lie. His father is a psychiatrist who helps ex-felons, one in particular.

Bullets! Gerard, age 20
Leathermouth! Frank, age 36

I even did a montage for you guys whOAAA I'm so invested x)

______

Gerard threw his backpack aside as he entered the apartment he was living in with his father. "Dad, I'm home!"

"Evening, Gerard." He heard his dad say out loud from the kitchen. "How was art school today?"

Gerard took off his leather jacket and yeeted it on his backpack.

"Fine. I mean, not fine, but that's school. So let's say 'normal'." he said, heading for the kitchen. "I have a lot of homework, so I won't be able to-"

He interrupted himself when he opened the door and saw his father sitting at the kitchen table with a man he's never seen before.

That man seemed to be in his mid-thirties. He was black-haired and covered in tattoos from head to toe - except for his face. Two big, hazel eyes landed on Gerard who stood by the door awkwardly.

Gerard knew that man was an ex-felon. That's what his father did for a living : work with ex-felons on their reinsertion after they did their time in prison.

"C'mon Gerard, don't be shy. Come say hi." His father said softly before turning to the other man. "He's a little bashful."

"I can see that." The man commented, quickly scanning Gerard's whole self with a barely perceptible smile. "No problem, I suppose I'm pretty intimidating for an impressionnable boy."

Gerard looked away without saying a word. He had planned on waiting quietly during that small talk until he could flee to his bedroom.

"Gerard, this is Frank. He'll stay with us for a bit. And I mean stay at home, with us, until he finds a job."

Gerard looked up. "What?"

Now Gerard thought his father was doing amazing job, but it always made him nervous whenever he crossed paths with ex-felons. The perspective of living with one made him anxious.

"But-"

"-Gerard, this is not a debate. I was simply informing you. Don't be rude to our guest." His father stated.