don't ever change

Recap

"What?" he questions me, "Nothing!" I say quickly and look away. I hear him sigh and start to walk to the door. "Wait!" I try to call after him, but my voice cracks a bit. He freezes and turns around "what is it blondie?" he says irritated.

"Why did you come visit me?"
------------------------------------
He pauses and stares for a minute, leaving me in suspense. "Umm l-" " I was worried about a guildmate, so what?" He stated gruffly, cutting me off. My mouth stretches out into a huge smile and I laugh.
"Your an idiot" he huffs out. But as he began to walk out the door I could hear him silently chuckle under his breath. After the door closes, I fall back onto the bed and giggle. "I knew he wasn't bad."

After a while of staring at the roof I sit up again. I lift my feet up and softly place them on the hard wood floor. The cold surface sends chills through my body. Using the chair close by for support, I stand up. A small pain shoots up my leg and I stumble. Leaning against the wall, I sigh. "This'll be a long day" I mumble, making my way to the door. Twisting the handle, I slip out of the infirmary.
Nobody seems to notice me at first and the guild is oddly quiet. Catching a glimpse at grey, I sneak up behind him. Macao sees me and smiles, but I put a finger over my lips. He seems to realize and nods. Turning my attention back to grey, I leap onto his back, tackling him to the ground. He freaks out as macao bursts out laughing.

"Lucy!? You scared the shit outta me!" I simply giggle and sit on his back. "Let me up" ignored "let me up l-" gray was cut off by Natsu. "FIGHT ME!" Gray sighs and rests his chin on his hand, still pinned to the ground. "She literally just woke up flame brain, go away." I ruffle his hair and roll off his back. When he finally stands up, I reach up with my arms out. "No" he turns his head "not happening."
"Pleeeaaasssee? My legs hurt" I whine . "Don't do that, it's not gonna work dumbass." Silence was between us as I continue begging.

"Fine"

"Yay!"

Gray scoops me up and gives me a piggy back ride. He then begins walking around normally. Resting my head on top of his shoulder, I close my eyes. Unfortunately my peace didn't last, as Wakaba spoke up. "So are you to gonna explain why she called you brother?" I made a sound that was like an annoying crying baby. Letting go of gray, I drop backwards. If his hands weren't holding my legs I would've cracked my head open

"Your gonna be the death of me" he sighs. Grabbing my hand, he pulls me up. "Because she my little sister?" I thump him in the head. "Yeah yeah. Basically jude was- .... He did something bad and one of Lucy's maids ran away with her, leaving her in the woods. She was only 4 at the time and I was 5. My father found her and she was a very close friend to our family. Like a sister. But ya'know she had to be back at the estate alot." Natsu stomped over "what the hell do you mean 'did something bad' huh?! Tell me!" I flinched at his outburst and gray set me down with cana and mira.
"I mean it's none of your business hot head" "what did you say ice pop?!" "I said it's none of your damn business! Fuck off flame for brains!"

The two began fighting, dragging the rest of the guild in as usual. Mira pats me on the shoulder and cana pulls me into a side hug. "I still don't understand how you can drink that whole barrell" I sweat drop. She smirks "you wanna try?" "Absolutely not." I reply instantly

Pov Change:

The three girls continue to chat a laugh, none paying attention to the thunder legion upstairs. All the boys were staring at the girls. "Something catch your eye boys?" Ever asks, smirking behind her fan. Freed freezes and begins stuttering, Bixlow smirks, and laxus looks away. Evergreen laughs loudly, attracting Elfman's attention. He smiles lightly at her before getting hit in the back of the head with a table.

The group jumped when makarov chuckled behind them "young love." He received an annoyed glare from laxus and a laugh from Bixlow. Ever green started yelling and denying it while freed was still blushing with his head in his hands. Bixlow's babies begin taunting freed 'love!' 'love!' 'love!'. "I- go- have to- " his lip trembles and he runs away.

Mira sees him and stops him, giggling. "What's got you so flustered?" Freed stays silent, hanging his head. "Freed? Are you okay? You can leave if you want. I just wanted to know" she says sweetly. Taking a deep breath, he looks her in the eyes, "I- umm... You." Mira smiles "I what?" "M-ms. Mira ... Y-ou are what is f-flustering me." Mira blushes and smiles lightly. "No need to be so formal freed, I like you too."
"HE DID IT!" Ever screams in victory. "Bix, you owe me 2,100 jewel, I knew our baby could do it!" 'you lost' 'you lost' his babies chant. Freed turns even more red and collapses. Mira catches him but his face lands in her chest. Flying backwards, he gets a nose bleed and scrambles away.

Back to Lucy:

I watched the interaction between freed and mira, smiling. Finishing off my strawberry milkshake, I go to stand up. I begin to walk out of the guild but I stumble and trip, bumping Gajeel. He looked down at me with a mix of emotions. Anger, annoyance, and guilt. Looking up at him, I smile. "Aren't you scared?" He growls. I shake my head. "I had forgiven you a long time ago, just felt right to say in the moment. And dont worry about earlier, I know you were just worried about us." He seems shocked but I ignore it and walk out of the guild.
Once outside, leo appears and I summon Plue. "Your too nice" leo tells me. I hug Plue and shake my head. We begin walking in a comfortable silence and when I get to the river, I walk along the edge.

"Be careful Lucy!" Boat guy screams. "I will! Thank you boat man!" "Call me roy!" He yells as he disappears in the distance. Leo smiles and hugs me close. "Don't ever change" he says kissing the top of my head. "I wasn't planning on it" I giggle "now go back to your girlfriend." He chuckles and disappears.
"Whoever's following me, please show yourself" I say. "Took you long enough."

I pause, recognizing the voice...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.