The Job

A\N: in this story during the phantom lord fight natsu did not save lucy from gajeel beating the crap out of her, gray did, and only those three know. This is important for the first few chapters.

Lucy and Levy decided to go on a job together. The job was to take down a small dark guild. Gajeel didn't approve of this since he promised to protect Levy, and the two girls weren't going to let him come with them. "Its okay Gajeel I'm strong, and I have Lu-Chan with me"   the blue haired mage told him. He hesitated but finally said "fine but just ... be careful."

~~time skip (Levy's POV)~~

We are standing outside the dark guild, and when I look over at Lu-Chan she looks calm while I'm kind of nervous. It's not that I don't trust Lu-Chan it's just that it's only two of us and an entire dark guild. I finally snapped out of my thoughts when Lu-Chan whispered "Lev' are you okay? your spacing out again. Are you sure you don't want me to bring you back to the guild? Because Gajeel would totally kill me if I took you out on a job when your sick." "yes Lu I'm fine, just thinking" I replied. Lu-Chan smiled "ready?" I only nodded. We looked through the window of their guild hall.

 I took note that there was only one female in the whole guild hall. Considering the fact she is serving people, I'm guessing she's the barmaid. She looked very timid, and some drunk guys were harassing her. "Play along and follow my lead" I jumped a little when Lu spoke, but I nodded anyways.

 We got up dusted the dirt and leaves off our knees, we walked towards the front door, then lu-chan stopped turned to me and asked "how do I look?" I was confused and apparently it showed on my face. "We have to look cute and lost, so how do I look?" I silently looked her up and down before I giggled and said "adorable." "well you should know cuz' you always look adorable, I bet Gajeel would agree with me to." She teased me with a wink over her shoulder. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and stuck my tongue out at her right before she turn to the overgrown door.

I just watched her as she took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I started to get nervous when the door started to open, a scrawny man, with messy brown hair peeked out and asked us "who are you and why are you here?" Lu-Chan squirmed a little and replied with "well ... y-you see, erm ... w-well we k-kind of got l-lost in these w-woods and n-need a little h-help." I look over at her, she's my best friend so I would love to say she's a good actor. But she's totally going overboard. The man held up one finger as if to tell us to wait a moment, then called someone over. Yet another man stood in front of us, but this one was a tall, big and kind of scruffy looking guy. The bigger guy leaned down so the smaller one could whisper something in his ear, he then he nodded and walked off.

  The man let us in and led us to the bar in the back, though it was quite hard to maneuver through the crowd. That's when I heard  a loud voice yell "This is NOT what I asked for you fucking whore, now go get me another!!" The man sat us down next to one that was yelling at the barmaid. I turned around to ask the scrawny man a question but, he was gone.

~~Lucy's POV~~

   I turned to the man I was sitting next to "e-excuse me" I said shyly. The tall man turned, locked eyes with me then turned to the girl behind the counter and screamed "hey Bitch, get these pretty ladies a drink, NOW!!!" I saw Levy flinch at his sudden outburst. I frowned at the thoughts that went through my mind. "hey why the long face gorgeous?" I turned to find the man with a nasty grin on his face. Just looking at him made my blood boil. But that's when I realized who he was looking at.