𝟏𝟎. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Jay groaned as he felt a sharp pain piercing through his head.

"Eunhae.....two more minutes...." Jake hummed in his sleep while hugging the boy even tighter.

"What the fuck man......get away..." Jay tried to remove his arms while pushing him away but he wouldn't budge.

"You're finally awake...." Jungwon chuckled as he moved across the room seeming to find something.

"What....what happened?" Jay asked with half-open eyes and got up on his back after freeing himself from Jake.

"Sunghoon left you here with Jake for some reason. I don't know. I think you were quite drunk." Jungwon replied with a shrug.

"But why are you all dressed up? Isn't the dance later at night?" Jay inquired with pouted lips and swollen eyes as he scratched the side of his neck.

"The dance starts in two hours. You two slept the whole day." He informed and Jake widened his eyes while getting up with a jerk.

Both of them stared at each other and shouted. "We're late!"

"Yeah, no kid." Jungwon laughed while picking up the bow tie he was looking for. "I'd love to stay and accompany you guys but I've got to check the ballroom for arrangements."

The boy exited while waving them off with a mischievous smile leaving them in their miserable hungover state.

"Hi Won!" "Hey dude!" "You look handsome man." All the boys commented as he passed by since he was quite popular.

"Hello everyone!" He replied in a hurry and ran off towards the ballroom.

He eventually stopped running when he noticed Sohyeon seeming distressed as she stared at the floor while coming in his direction in a hurry.

"Hyeon?" He stopped to ask the girl and she stopped as well.

"Jungwon! I'm so thankful you're here." She smiled which perplexed him, to say the least.

"What do you want?" He questioned with raised eyebrows.

"You're so smart. Okay so, long story short, Heeseung asked me out and I don't want to face him so you need to be my date for tonight because I told him that I was going out with another person but I realised I don't know anyone who'd want to go out with me." She rambled without a stop.

"What makes you think I'd want to go out with you? He asked with doubtful eyes.

"That's the point! We don't like each other so we wouldn't possibly catch feelings even if we're dancing to slow romantic music!" She replied.

"I guess....." Jungwon parted his lips while thinking about it.

"Alright." He agreed and the girl celebrated right away. "But..." She whined at the next moment.

"You're going to help me check the arrangements for today." He presented his cause with a proud smile.

"Is that.....is that it?" She asked with genuine confusion and he nodded in response. "You're so dumb honestly. You could've asked me anything. Not that I'm complaining." She grinned and held his hand while dragging him away towards the ballroom.

▪︎♡▪︎

"Hae? Have you seen Hyeon?" Heeseung inquired from the girl who stood in a maroon strapless dress with black elbow-high gloves.