Chapter 1

"And every single year
I'm drowning in my tears
again."

***

"Get out of that fucking bed, you lazy piece of shit! I told you to get up earlier today!" my stepfather yells at me with all hate he possibly could be carrying in his whole body. It frightens me and I pull my blanket over my head thinking it might protect me from this infuriated man standing there right in front of me.

He rips away the blanket from me wherefore the cold in my room reaches every single cell in my body. Filled with anger he roughly grabs my ankles holding onto them so tight a cry of pain escapes me.

I see an evil smirk grow onto his face as he reaches out for my waist turning me on my stomach. I can't move anymore when he pushes a knee onto my back with my hands inbetween to make sure I'm unable to flee.

I don't even know how my mother could even think of marrying the devil himself. Doesn't she sees the malice of his?

When my father died and my mum got fired, she was a complete mess. I didn't even recognized her anymore. Almost every night she went out to a night club called 'Demon', a club filled with drug addicts, alcoholics and meaningless sex.

She got home frustrated and seeming not to care about killing herself when she mumbled things like "Why can't I just be dead?" or "I don't want to wake up anymore

She got home frustrated and seeming not to care about killing herself when she mumbled things like "Why can't I just be dead?" or "I don't want to wake up anymore."

It destroyed me seeing her like this, but when she met Mason at the night club bringing him home to us, she seemed happier for the first time again and I felt  kind of relieved someone would take care of her, doubting I was able to, because I didn't know how.

I was happy for her and I still am, but Mason isn't the person he seemed to be in the first moment I've got to know him. Actually he's the worst of all human beings in this world.

I think my mum was just blinded by love when she said yes to the proposal of marriage and maybe she also was still been affected by the consumption of all the stuff in the club she strictly stayed away from for 39 years.

As much as I am happy for her that she is better again, I can't ignore the violent side of my so-called stepfather. When I wanted to tell her what he does to me once she's not home, she denied it. She thinks I'm out of my head trying to hurt her, trying to break the two apart.

I'm crazy. I've heard these words coming out of her mouth so often, but I'm not crazy. I'm just telling the truth. I am misunderstood in everything. I'm not allowed to do anything, make my own choices in life.

She said "Behave yourself! Stop being angry at him and trying to assert your mind. I know you're overwhelmed, because we got married and were moving into this new house, but there's nothing to worry about." I still hear her words haunting me in my sleep and they hurt me over and over again...