Chapter 6

"Gotta' lot on my mind.
I'm thinking I'm needing a break to clear up the clutter, damn man.
Can I get a minute, get some space, man?
You been through my head, playing games, man.
You be way too controlling."

***

Luckily I haven't dreamt about anything after I fell asleep. I just felt warmth and comfort lying in Mary's arms wrapped around body.

All of a sudden I hear a quiet noise coming from the bedside table. "It's my alarm." I can feel Mary moving behind me. She sounds so sleepy I can't control my mouth that's smiling now.

She leans over me to turn it off and yawns loudly. "Wow, you seem pretty tired." I laugh out, feeling rested like never before. She palms her face, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"I'd like to see you all rested when I call you in the middle of the night." She laughs out too. I feel relieved since I thought she was being serious.

"What time is it?" She asks after a few moments of silence. My eyes that's been closed again open and I turn on my phone. My eyes widen as I didn't expect the time.

1:45 pm. What? I tell it to Mary and she immediately gets out of the bed, running towards the window to pull up the blinds. The sun floods the room right away, making me squeeze my eyes together.

"Come on, get out!" She commands and I'm already trying to climb out of the bed. I look at her. "I'm gonna use the bathroom, okay?" She nods, pulling her dresser open to pick some socks and underwear for today.

I don't waste much time and go straight into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, noticing a dark red mark on my throat.

Oh, no. It's from the guy.

I remember his name: Harry. Once again memories flash back into my mind about tonight. I was completely helpless and he could've done anything to me.

"What's up?" Mary enters the room and I regret that I didn't lock the door. I really don't wanna talk about it. "You've been in here for ages." She smiles when she looks at me in the mirror.

"He treated you well, huh?" She asks, her smile changing into a grin when she stares at the hickey. I shake my head, walking past her towards the door. I turn around. "Leave me alone!" I snap at her. I didn't mean to, but talking about last night makes me feel really uncomfortable and insecure.

She lets me leave the bathroom and I walk straight up to her room again, seating myself onto the bed. It doesn't take long when I hear a faint knocking on the door. "Mary, I don't wanna talk about it." I say as she enters the room.

She nods her head in understanding. "I know. I don't want to force you to talk about it, sweetie." She smiles, tilting her head as she sits down next to me, patting my back with her hand.

"Wanna go for a walk?" She asks, breaking the silence. I nod my head yes and we stand up from bed, walking out of her room.

-----------------

We've been outside for 4 hours, since we went to a shopping center. Mary said, we need to get me something for tonight.

Tonight. I almost forgot about it. My stomach starts twisting when I think about it.

She picked me a dress. She said and I quote "It's perfect". When I was trying it on, I felt uncomfortable. It was too short for me, but Mary didn't let me decide. I like the colour though. It was dark green with some golden ornaments.

At 6 pm we arrived back at her house and she told me to get ready and put on the dress.

I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror. I can't believe I'm wearing that. Maybe I should just cancel the dinner and say I'm feeling sick or something like that.