Prologue

The Republic thought that they were the first to use an army of genetically modified troops to fight in their war against the separatists, the clone wars. But they weren't. The inhabitants of the planet Kithom had genetically modified soldiers that fought their wars for years. They specifically bred these soldiers for any type of war that would find its way to their planet. These soldiers were made stronger, their senses heightened as well as their agility and the ability to withstand most injuries without needing immediate medical attention. They were modified to endure any amount of battle related stress and to withhold their emotions to ensure they didn't get in the way of their duty. They did this, not by cloning, but by taking orphaned children and military personnel first and then moved onto civilians and trained them in the art of war. The Kithomens had a military that had been made from children who had these modifications because it seemed to have a higher success rate on children than adults. Many that went under these modifications didn't have a choice in the matter seeing as most were orphans and were taken off of the streets by the military scientists. The council then started enlisting able-bodied civilians into the army and any who volunteered for the modifications went on to have them as their scientists had managed to adapt the modifications to suit an adult physique and stopped using children.

The most elite of these soldiers were known as the Austereans. The most elite genetically, physically and mentally superior group of super soldiers that had been created. The leader of this groups was called B-S102. Commander Rose Thorn.

She was one of the last enhanced to have had the modifications as a child and survived. She didn't have a choice in the matter.