Road So Far

"Why have your Separatist forces not attacked the Capital?!?" Councillor Korick seethed as soon as Count Dooku accepted his transmission. "Do I need to remind you what is at stake?!"

"Remember your place Councillor." Count Dooku stated rather calmly. "Without me and my droid army, you are completely defenceless." The Count reminded as he inspected the nervous Councillor.

"Tack battalion have been weakened to the extreme! You need to strike now, or your droids will not reach the Capital." Councillor Korick exclaimed nervously. "The other council members are starting to become suspicious, if we do not act now, we will lose this war and control of Kithom." He stated as he rang his hands together.

Councillor Korick knew how strong Tack battalion was. That was his reasoning to influence the other councillors to agree to send the battalion to the front instead of keeping most back to guard the Capital. He knew that with Tack battalion out of the way, the Separatist droid army would have no trouble gaining complete control over the Capital, and with-it complete control over the planet Kithom and all its people. However, what Korick didn't count on was the Republic's sudden appearance after Scabs had sent out a distress call. Now with two Republic clone legions and two fully trained Jedi and an apprentice, the Separatist takeover just became much more difficult. "What is Commander Thorn's current condition?" Korick asked being sure to keep his voice down to ensure no one overheard his convocation.

"Almost at breaking point. She is weak physically, but her mind is surprisingly strong, but she will break, they all do." Count Dooku reassured.

"See to it that she does." Councillor Korick seethed. "With her out of the equation, Kithom is ours for the taking." Korick smiled deviously, his plan to completely overthrow the council was coming together quite nicely.

The transmission ended swiftly after that, Count Dooku left the communication hub and gracefully made his way towards the detention level where he was currently holding Commander Thorn.

"I would hope that your little stay here has made you more cooperative my dear." Count Dooku stated as he came to stand in front of the ray shield keeping Rose inside the cell.

"Why don't you let me out and we'll see how cooperative I can be." Rose seethed as she looked through hooded and bloodied eyelids at the Sith standing behind the ray shield.

"Oh, we'll have plenty of time for that." Dooku smiled as he held his hands behind his back whilst nodding to one of the droids in the room to continue the torture.

(Meanwhile)

The 501st and the 104th set off continuing to follow the tracks that they believed to be the ones to lead them to Rose.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Wolffe asked as he walked beside Rex at the back of the group.

"Tell you what Wolffe?" Rex asked slightly confused by the sudden question from his older brother.

"That my wife was missing." Wolffe stated bluntly without giving a single glance at Rex already knowing the sympathetic look he was being given.

"Look Wolffe." Rex sighed slightly. "We didn't know until we got here about Rose. Hell, you know what she's like, she's a machine that never stops. It was as much of a surprise and worrying to me as it was to Hyker that she hadn't come back with them." Rex started to explain but it was clear that the explanation was not what Wolffe wanted to hear.

"She's my wife!" Wolffe spat back worry and fear dripping from those three words. "You should've told me." Wolffe whispered in despair as he eyed the rest of the group walking in front of them to make sure no one was overhearing this convocation.

"We'll get her back Brother." Rex said firmly as he stopped walking to clasp a hold of Wolffe's shoulder to force him to a stop. "I promise." Rex tried to reassure.

"We're getting closer." Sinker informed the two as he backed away from the group at the front.

No one else spoke a word as Wolffe moved himself away from the previous convocation he was having with Rex. Each one of the clones wondering whether Wolffe was going to break. "Don't take it personally Rex." Sinker reassured as he noticed the look of guilt on Rex's face.

"It's difficult not to." Rex mumbled as he watched Wolffe's retreating form. "I should've told him she was missing."

"What matters is that you're here beside him to get her back brother." Sinker stated as he clasped a hold of Rex's shoulder in brotherly support.

Unbeknownst to the pair, Plo Koon had overheard that whole convocation that happened between the three clones and looked towards his Commander in worry. "Commander." Plo stated calmly successfully gaining the stressed clone commanders' attention. "Come walk with me." Plo gestured before he started to walk slightly away from the whole group leaving Anakin and Ahsoka wondering what was so important that Plo wanted to speak to Wolffe in private.

"Is there something wrong General?" Wolffe asked once they were away from the group.

"I can feel the pain within you my son." Plo announced as he looked out over the Sandy terrain as the sun was starting to set. "But you mustn't blame others for your wife's choices." Plo said calmly hoping to not irritate Wolffe further by his words of wisdom.

"I know." Wolffe sighed as he looked back over his shoulder and his group of brothers all starting to settle in for another night. "I just need to know she's okay." Wolffe admitted as his eyes started to well up from his constant worry. Finally having the chance to talk about how he was feeling allowed his emotions to go into overdrive.

"I promise you son." Plo announced as he placed a firm hand on Wolffe's slightly shaking shoulder. "I will return your wife to you. You will be whole again."

Wolffe, struggling to keep his emotions in check, gently nodded his head before taking a deep breath to try and calm himself down. Plo could see that Wolffe was in no state to be left alone right at this moment so, Plo settled himself down on the Sandy rocks overlooking the landscape, gesturing for Wolffe to sit beside him finally allowing his son the rest he needed.

"What do you think their talking about?" Ashoka asked Anakin as they watched the Kel Dor and Clone Commander.

"I have no idea." Anakin stated with a slight confused frown resting on his forehead.

"I wouldn't worry about that for the moment." Hyker stated as he walked up to the pair.

"What have you found?" Anakin asked once he noticed the slightly irritated look on Hyker's face.

"Smiles and Scabs and a couple of your men went scouting further ahead." Hyker started to inform the duo.

"What did they find?" Anakin asked already knowing that the news he was going to receive was not going to be the best.

"Scabs! Come over here!" Hyker called and quickly Scabs made his way over to the group ready to relay the information that he had found.

"Well let's just say getting in would be the easiest part." Scabs stated as he brought up a holo-projection of the area they had just scouted.

"That doesn't seem so bad." Ashoka said with a small smirk but as she looked around at the other men's faces, she soon came to realise that this was about to get really hard really quickly.

"Assuming we can get behind the barricade at the front, the massive turrets behind alongside the brutes the growth make, we're going to have a real problem on our hands." Scabs stated as he zoomed in on the fortress where Rose was being held.

"That's all assuming that we manage to pinpoint the location Commander Thorn is being held in before we even attempt it." Smiles mentioned as he held one of his hands at his chin.

"We're going to loose a lot of men." Hyker muttered in slight despair as he looked around at the Kithomen soldiers and Clones.

"You will loose men in war Hyker." Plo stated as he and Wolffe approached the group. "These men know the risks."

"Either way, we have to take this base down." Anakin mentioned as he gestured to the sheer size of the Separatist base.

"Then we better get started." Hyker smirked deviously ready to get his sister back.