So Far Away

Stepping off of the gunship, Rose, Hyker, Snakes, Scabs and Mik were met with the usual sight of council guards awaiting to escort the five Austereans into the war room. "Well, I see the welcome party hasn't changed." Mik commented with a small smirk as he nudged Scabs who walked beside him.

"Behave boys." Hyker stated firmly not even glancing back at the rest of the unit as he walked beside Rose towards the war room. "So, how bad do you think this scolding will be?" Hyker laughed as he looked towards a smirking Rose.

Shrugging, Rose continued to look forward. "No worse than normal bróðir." Rose muttered still not looking anywhere other than the back of the council guards' heads walking in front of them. They then entered the war room which currently held an active holo-map of the battles commencing at that particular moment, along with the council members and a few generals.

"Good of you to join us Commander, your orders have just come in." Councillor Malikis greeted in her soft toned voice as the soldiers entered the war room.

"Councillor." Rose bowed along with the rest of her squad. "My Lieutenant informed me that you have some information for us." Rose stated as she stepped up to the holo-map at the centre of the war room next to General Milikas who nodded his head in greeting before turning his attention back to the holo-map.

"Yes, B-S102, your Lieutenant is correct." Councillor Talxz stated as he changed the holo-map to highlight where Rose would be sent. "Here is where we've met the most resistance from the Growth. You along with Captain Karin and the 3345th battalion will engage the enemy here on the Southern front." Councillor Talxz pointed out on the holo-map.

"The Southern front? I thought General Yar and the 2234th were stationed there?" Rose questioned as she looked at the area that was highlighted confused. However, her questions were quickly answered by the expressions the Councillors and Generals held as they avoided looking at her. "General Yar is still alive, isn't he?" She asked.

"I'm afraid that whilst you were providing aid to those disgusting Repub.." Councillor Korick started to spit out before General Milikas interrupted him.

"Councillor!" General Milikas shouted not wanting to listen to the Councillor condemn his Commanders actions. "Commander Thorn was acting under my authority, if you have a problem with that then I suggest you take that up with me." Milikas threatened as he glared the Councillor down from across the holo-map.

"No, it's okay General." Rose spoke up. "We sent aid to the Republic because they would do the same for us." Rose stated firmly as she looked towards Councillor Korick who scoffed and crossed his arms in discontent. "Now back to General Yar." Rose mentioned.

"General Yar and the 2234th are dead B-S102, the Growth overran their position." Councillor Malikis informed solemnly. "There were no survivors."

Silence fell over the war room after Councillor Malikis informed, the five soldiers mourned the deaths of that entire battalion. "Then we mustn't waste any more time Councillors, me and my battalion are ready to be diploid." Rose stated after sharing a brief look with Hyker who nodded in conformation.

"We are glad to hear that B-S102." Councillor Talxz smiled. "However, I am afraid that Lieutenant B-S224H will have to remain within the Capital." Councillor Talxz stated firmly as he eyed the Commander.

Startled by the sudden request, Rose looked between the councillors and her lieutenant with a confused expression. "Why do you need Hyker?" She asked confused as she studied the councillors standing in front of her.

"With the ever-growing threat of the Growth we need more security at the Capital. B-S224H is one of your stronger soldiers, he will provide aid in the war room and protection for the council." Councillor Malikis explained softly as she saw the reluctance pass through Rose.