Treading on the edge

Walking into UA's main campus should have made him happy. Should have made him feel something, anything, and everything really.

However, as his feet led him towards the gates and through the metaphorical threshold his mind had conjured up, he felt nothing at all.

UA's used to dominate his dreams. His eight-year-old self would stay up hours upon hours gathering whatever information he could about the school. Wanting to find some kind of way for him to make it there without a quirk.

That dream was shattered a long time ago. Along with all his other hopes for the future.

Aizawa squeezes his hand as they walk. Izuku's arm is safely nestled in the crook of the man's elbow as he leads him through the campus and toward the bus that was waiting for them.

He didn't need the help, he was grateful for it nonetheless.

1-A was gathered near the vehicle, chatting and mingling like the teenagers people tended to forget they were.

He expected to be bombarded with questions the moment any of them laid eyes on him. However, they all seemed satisfied with greeting him without the awaited flurry of questions.

Shinsou immediately makes his way towards him, standing as if on guard next to him. A shield against the rest of the world. He feels his face pull itself into a small smile at the thought.

They must've been informed of his situation beforehand. Or at least they were told he was coming with them.

Aizawa didn't allow their mingling to last long though. The man immediately calling for them to get on the bus so that they could leave for the training camp.

He wants to move, his mind screams as his body to comply, but with the already present dread he feels for what probably awaited them at the training camp. His feet remain stuck in place. Legs unwilling to step onto the van.

His hands tremble, squeezing the walking stick in his hand with an iron-clad grip. He pushes forward nonetheless. He couldn't freeze up every time. He needed to get over his fears.

Taking one step after another, he soon finds himself safely settled beside Shinsou near the back of the bus.

The teen, probably sensing his anxiety from a mile away, takes his hand into his own the moment his back hits the seat. It makes his heart stutter in his chest but he elects to ignore it for the moment.

Focusing instead his attention on the conversations happening around them.

It was going to be a long ride.

_____________________________

A weight settles on his shoulder and it takes everything in him not to flinch violently as he's pulled abruptly into awareness. Murmurs and low chuckles reach his sensitive ears as he focuses on his surroundings once more.

"Izuku?" Shinsou's voice is gentle as he addresses him, hand hovering in the air between them as if wanting to touch him but afraid to so again. "The bus stopped, we're at a resting spot, you fell asleep."

More giggles sound around them and Izuku's face flushes as he realizes the position he's in. He's curled in on himself, his head resting on Shinsou's lap.

Hurriedly straightening up, he barely avoids knocking his head into Shinsou's. "A-Ah sorry."

"No worries, you looked like you needed it." He wants to say something, thank the boy in front of him, but just as he opens his mouth to speak, a voice pipes in.

Before my heart gives out (My hero academia)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara