Let be me selfish, if just for a little while.

Izuku thinks he'll never get used to cars, never grow to like riding them. Memories flutter through his mind, like remnants of lost tapes from old movies. Flashing and rising to the surface, too chaotic for the calm, almost serene atmosphere that danced around him. Memories of his last and final sight. One of the clearest and strongest memories he had, in fact.

The last time his eyes gazed onto the colors and lights of the world.

Flashes of red and blue, an onslaught of scenes, made hazy and blurry from the pain. Shattered glass, liquid, hot, and coiling, seeping into his eyelids. Condemning him to eternal darkness.

The officer escorting them to the precinct fiddles with the radio, filling the silence with soft tunes and breaking whatever daze Izuku managed to get himself into. He feels Bakugou's gaze, intense and worried, trained on him. Probably sensing Izuku's discomfort.

As if the world was responding to his unspoken wish, the car finally pulls up to what Izuku can only assume is the police station.

He's moving before the car is even in a full park, scrambling to get out of the metallic deathtrap society calls a vehicle. However, just as his fingers reach the door's handle, a hand on his shoulder pulls him back.

"Deku." Bakugou's voice is low as he utters the old nickname, his tone alone is enough to gain Izuku's full attention. "When we're done here, you need to talk to Shinsou, you hear me nerd? You need to tell him everything." The teen's hand disappears from his shoulder after that, the absence of its warmth makes Izuku's whole body shiver as his hand shakily pulls the handle and he finally gets out of the car. Only managing to nod in response to the blonde's demand.

The officer leads them inside after that, waiting patiently for Izuku to get his bearings and scan his surroundings.

As if the unmute button on the world has been pushed, sounds immediately accost his senses the moment his feet cross the door's threshold. The sheer amount of people flittering through the building rivals the ones at the mall. Every one of them moves with urgency and purpose, creating a scene akin to the inside of a beehive.

Izuku follows Bakugou's shadow, hand clutching at the boy's sleeve like a lifeline, trying his best to shuffle through the crowd without stumbling or knocking into anyone.

Luckily, the walk isn't long, soon enough they stop in front of a small room. The officer politely asks them to wait for the detective to call them in and walks away after knocking twice on the room's door.

Izuku supposes that making a break for it now would seem too suspicious. He would have gotten away sooner if Iida hadn't taken it upon himself to inform the police of his name.

He needed to get this over with quickly. He just hoped that they hadn't read his file yet. Too much information on there could be incriminating. Specifically his medical records.

His musing is cut short as the door finally opens.

Izuku does his best to school his expression as he comes face to face with none other than Tsukauchi and Eraserhead. The two people he did not want to see right now. Especially not in these circumstances.

"Bakugou, Midoriya, please come in," Tsukauchi says as he moves out of the way, ushering them both to a table with four chairs, set right in the middle of the room.

"The fuck are you doing here?" Bakugou exclaims as he notices the underground hero's presence.

"Did you expect me to just ignore that you guys ran into the leader of the league of villains at the mall?" Comes Aizawa's bored response. Izuku finds himself stifling a snort, the sound that escapes his throat catches the attention of the room's occupants though.