Before

Dread was a feeling he was all too familiar with.

In his line of work, it came with the job. This sense of wariness and anticipation that followed him every time he hit the streets. Underground hero work wasn't as clean nor as straight forward as general hero work. The underground industry dealt with the darker side of society. The villains that thrived in the darkness, making the city's streets their playground.

It meant that this sense of dread he was feeling while walking into the police station was something he was constantly living with. Yet, it was also something he was never going to get used to.

After all, he learned a long time ago how to use his instincts in his favor. Use that sense of anxious anticipation as a warning for whatever was about to come. Whatever was going to jump out of the darkness around him next. He learned to be ready for it. Welcome it with open arms and react accordingly. It was the logical thing to do, after all.

It didn't help his nerves though, as he stopped in front of the detective's office. Knocking on the door lightly.

A soft 'come in' could be heard from the other side.

Taking it as his cue to move, he stepped into the room.

He's been here many times before. Whether it was to discuss current cases or talk about action plans or simply debrief. He often found himself working with Tsukauchi. The man was good to work with. Honest, determined and ready for the job.

This also meant, that with time, he'd come to know the different looks Tsukauchi gave, depending on the information he had.

The look he was currently giving him, didn't promise anything good.

"Good morning Aizawa-san." The man greeted with a smile, although it looked a little forced. "I'm glad you got my message."

"Yeah, well, you didn't give me a lot to go on..." He mutters lowly, knowing the man knew him well enough to know he didn't like being kept in the dark.

"I apologize. I just thought it was better if we spoke about this face to face." The man replied without skipping a beat. His hand moving in a gesture for Aizawa to sit down. Himself taking a seat across from him.

"So, you found his file?" Aizawa asks when he feels that Tsukauchi wasn't going to speak up first.

"I did..." There's a serious look in Tsukauchi's eyes now, it makes Aizawa sit up straighter. If only a few more inches. "Do you recognize the name Izuku Midoriya."

The name Midoriya brings up strange feelings in him. He can't exactly identify them yet, but they're there and he doesn't remember why. It makes the dread that pools in his guts intensify.

"I don't...think so. Is that the kid's name?" He inquires slowly.

"Here, take this." The man hands him a sealed file. Taking it in his careful grasp, he opens it. Eyes scanning the content slowly. He doesn't get far before something catches his attention.

Name: Izuku Midoriya

Date of birth: July 15 2134

Father: Hisashi Midoriya (Whereabouts unknown)

Mother: Inko Midoriya (Deceased.)

The name strikes a chord within him. Suddenly, he's brought back four years in the past. Flashes of memories flicker in his mind as he wishes that he's wrong. That this isn't who he thinks it is.

Any hope he has that he's wrong is shattered as he goes through her death report. Words like Crash and Explosion spark in his thoughts. Memories he's been working so long to overcome. Memories he's apparently managed to suppress.