Meeting Class 1-A

Izuku doesn't know how long it took him to get back up. In fact, he doesn't remember sitting in the first place. Back sliding down the rough surface of the wall, facing the bustling streets in front of him. Knees drawn up, and arms hugging his limbs close to his chest, seeking any kind of contact. Hoping for something to ground him back to reality. An anchor of some sort to make him focus, to lure him out of the rabbit hole his mind inevitably wandered into.

It doesn't work though.

He sits there, staring into the all too familiar darkness encompassing his surroundings. Feeling the movement of the people around him. All of them oblivious to the world-shattering thoughts that are going through his head, blissfully unaware of his inner turmoil as they get on with their lives.

He doesn't truly register his movements as he gets up and makes his way to Shinsou's scheduled meeting point, his body moving on autopilot. His head feels like it's been plunged underwater, his thoughts circle through his mind sluggishly. Small blessings he supposes. A great contrast to the chaotic onslaught that had previously threatened to suffocate him.

It's almost peacefully quiet as he finally arrives at his destination. A bus stop just a couple of blocks from Shinsou's house. A slight chill hangs in the air around him, making him wish he'd worn something thicker today.

Shinsou is waiting for him when he gets there. The familiar aura should be comforting, it should bring him the safety and hope he's always associated with his taller friend's presence. Yet, even though his entire being is yearning for it, it doesn't. Instead, he feels the reality of the situation crash down on him once again.

It's so overwhelming that tears unwillingly spring in his eyes, despite his best efforts to keep his emotions in check. Whatever greeting he had practiced on the way here gets caught in his throat. Words failing him as his mind screeches to a halt. Suddenly painfully aware of the life-changing secret he's harboring within him. He doesn't let the tears fall though, doesn't let himself let go, if not for his friend's sake then for his own wavering sanity. Nonetheless, he's glad for the glasses he's wearing at the moment.

Taking in a shuddering breath, he straightens his back and forces his features to relax into passive neutrality. Giving his best friend a reassuring smile as he greets him and they set out toward Yaoyorozu's house. Shinsou's classmate, if he recalls correctly.

Shinsou tells him about his day and he tries his best to reply accordingly. He speaks when he has to and he reacts when he needs to. He smiles and it feels forced and oh, so fake. A metaphorical mask covering his features. It's heavy and feels so wrong. It makes the bile rise in his throat as the lies trickle effortlessly from his throat. Creating what feels like an impregnable wall between him and his friend.

It must be working though since the teen doesn't seem to notice that anything's wrong.

They get there faster than he expected. He finds himself internally hoping that he hadn't spaced out or disassociated on the way here. A tall, imposing metal gate blocks their way to the girl's house. Mansion? He's not sure but doesn't really care either way.

He hears the tell-tale buzz of an electric door-latch and they walk into what seems like a clearing or a garden.

They stride up to the main entrance and the nerves he's been feeling seem to amplify tenfold. For the first time since he stepped outside the hospital, he remembers why he was here in the first place.

He was going to meet Shinsou's friends. The people that would stay by his side even when Izuku himself wouldn't be able to anymore.

The door opens and they are greeted by a tall feminine shape. Her voice is soft when she speaks and Izuku has to stomp down the growing desire to hide behind his friend's back.