Chapter 3. What do I do with you?

Marinette and Felix crossed the road with silence, Felix trailing a bit behind her. Marinette opened the door to the bakery with a happy smile, "Maman! Papa! I'm home!" Her cheery smile brightened and slightly blinded Felix for a bit. "Hello, dear," Marinette's mother greeted her "Do you have a new friend?" Her mother questioned. "Yup! Maman, this is my friend, Felix! Felix, this is my maman!" She introduced both of them to each other. "Hello there, it's good to see Marinette making new friends once in awhile." She smiled kindly, "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Dupain-Cheng." He bowed, "Please, call me Sabine." She insisted. "Of course Mrs. Dup- i mean Sabine. Thank you for welcoming me here." He got up from his bowing position and stared at her. "Nonsense! Any of Marinette's friends are welcome here anytime! Now please, make yourself at home. Why don't you show him to your room, Marinette?" She smiled back ta him, her smile getting brighter as she spoke. 'Now i know where she gets it from.' Felix smiled slightly. "Of course! C'mon, Felix!" She smiled, grabbed his hand and ran off to the stairs, pulling him behind her. He looked back and noticed her mother smiling at them.

"Your room is quite.. pink." He noticed as he looked around. "It's my favorite color!" She turned around and smiled at him. "Yes, I can obviously see that.."He looked down and mumbled before shaking his head and looked up. He looked around once more, noticing the scattered scraps of fabric and needles around the room. Some pieces of clothing were around a blank, white mannequin. He hummed in thought for a bit before looking at her, "So you like sewing?" He saw her smile brighten a bit as he asked, "Yup! I dream to be a fashion designer. What do you want to be when you grow up?" She giggled, walking over to her chair and plopped down onto it happily.

Before he could say anything, her mom opened the trap door, holding a plate of croissants and other pastries piled on. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, " She giggled as she got in the room, "Your food is here~" She smiled happily at them and placed the plate down. "Thanks, maman!" Marinette smiled as she looked towards her mother, "I'll be leaving now, have fun and enjoy your lunch!" She waved and got back down.
"Do you normally always have pastries for lunch?" Felix stared at her questioningly as he took a bite of the lemon croissant that was sweet and sour, but he still enjoyed it somehow. "Not all the time, but yeah, I mostly do." She shrugged, "How did you not gain weight? Not that I'm judging but it just- seems a bit.. unnatural.." Felix looked at her as she ate, 'Heh, cute.. Ugh! Nonono, she's your friend! Not someone to love!' He quickly shook away the thought and kept looking at her woth a monotone face. "Well.. I do do exercise here and there." She looked at him as she kept eating the croissants. "Huh.." Felix trailed off as he stared back at her,

"Felix? FELIX!" She waved her hand furiously in front of him face, hoping to get his attention, "Huh? Oh, sorry about that. My mind trailed off somewhere.." He looked away. "Ok! We should head back to school, it starts in ten minutes." She checked ger phone and got up, grabbing the plate. "You can go first, I'll catch up in a bit!" She smiled at him. "No, it's fine. I can wait." He reassured her as he also stood up, "Are you sure?" She questioned him again. "Positive." He looked at her with a dull expression, "Alright!" She smiled and went down, motioning for him to follow and so he did, "You can wait by the door, I just need to organise some things and I'll be right down!" She looked at him for a hot minute before walking off.

After a few minutes, the raven haired girl eventually made it to where he was. "Alright! Let's go." She gripped her backpack strap and walked out as Felix opened the door for her, saying a small 'thanks' as she walked past. The made it to the school in comfortable silence. They walked to the classroom basically attached by the hip, both were talking and laughing. Finally making it to their spot behind the back, she stared at him, "Hey Felix?" Her questioned resulted in an eyebrow raise as he read his book, "Can I meet your friends?" She smiled brightly at him. "Why?" He stared at her questioningly. "They seem really nice! Plus I wanna meet the people who you scolded along the years from what i heard Allan say." She looked at him hopefully. "Hmm.. I'll have to ask them. But considering Allan told them all about you when you meet him, I'm pretty sure they would have no problems if I asked." Felix looked at her a bit before returning to his book, "Really?" Marinette now looked extremely hopeful. Felix only nodded in response, making her cheer silently as she has the opportunity to meet his friends. Before anymore conversations could happen, the teacher decided to walk in at that moment.