Baadshah-۵

" You're the most despicable man I've ever seen in my life!" Shaaf grited his teeth, his eyes focusing on Faisal Gilani but his fingers still tightened around Amara's throat.

" Shaaf chodo meri beti ko" Baseema and the boys tried to yank his hands away from a choking Amara who was turning blue by the second but Shaaf was seeing none of it.

" You don't deserve to be called a father. No!" Shaaf was reliving every word his wife had told him about her childhood and his heart broke at the pain she has suffered at her own father's hands.

" This is not what a father is. You were supposed to hold her to your chest when she was born, let her cry on your shoulder when she realized her mother was no more, kiss her scraped wounds better when she came running to you, give her away to a man who loves her and not barter her instead of your worthless daughter here. No! This is not what a father is. This is a coward" Shaaf resisted every force trying to remove him from the girl's throat.

" YOU are a COWARD!" Shaaf loosened his hold on her now and Amara finally breathed a little.

" Leave her Beta, woh marr jayegi" Aamna had come running inside when she had heard his voice the first time and was shocked to see him so enraged.

" Toh mare Mama, isne meri biwi ko rulaya hain, usse hamesha dard diya hain, inn sab ne dard diya hain meri masoom si Jaan ko" Shaaf lost his strength and pushed Amara's panting body on the couch before collapsing down on the floor in front of his mother.

" My Diba is not waking up Mama and it's all because of these people. Tell them to leave Mama or they won't leave here alive" Shaaf looked at them furiously and they had the good sense of backing away from him.

" I'll call the cops on you. Tumhe kya lagta hain hum kuch kar nahi sakte hain? Tumne meri beti par haath uthayaa hain..." Baseema yelled at him while caressing her daughter's throat.

" Bass karo Seema. Khuda ke vaastey, dusron ke zindagiyon me zeher gholna band karo, please! " Faisal finally found his voice and stood up against his wife for the first time. Her atrocities have gone on long enough, but not anymore.

" Faisal, aapne dekha nahi isne kya kiya aapki beti ke saath, aur aap kuch bhi nahi kahenge?" Baseema was shocked hearing him retaliate against her.

" Aur usse uksaaya bhi tumhi ne hain. He did what I could never do. Protect that little girl" Faisal felt his eyes brimming with tears at the mention of his daughter.

" I regret the day I didn't accept her mother and I regret the day I couldn't accept her as my own. I regret you Baseema, I regret you!" And with that Faisal Gilani walked out of the Gashkori Haweli and most probably out of his wife's life too.

" Faisal!" Baseema ran out after him and her children followed their parents finally ending the Gilani injustice in Aadab's life, for they were never seen again near them.

Shaaf watched everything with a neutral expression as did Aamna but their senses went alert when they heard a moan of discomfort from upstairs.

Aadab.

Shaaf immediately ran to his wife and what he saw broke his heart all over again. She was sitting up on the bed now, her head on her knees and her arms wrapped firmly around her legs, as her body shook with wild tremors.

" Diba? You alright Baby?" Shaaf took her in his arms and his eyes watered when she looked up in them.

Her moss green eyes were red with sadness and hurt and he never wanted to see her like that, ever again.

" Why does nobody want me Muiz? I was an unwanted daughter and then an unwanted sister and now I'm the wife you never asked for. I'm a servant's upbringing and you are a King. Why am I not wanted Muiz? Why!" She clutched his shirt in her fists, her pain searing his soul.