Chapter 8

3rd person P.O.V
The box hit the ground with a loud clatter when the blond had to cover his mouth to avoid screaming. The contents were out, splattering the floor with dark droplets.
"Don't you like it?" Eren asked softly, "....."
Armin edged back. He had to cover his nose as the previously contained foul smell was now spreading through the air.
Armin didn't really know what it was. Or who... just that it used to be apart of someone—no it's not Eren wouldn't!— He found himself wanting to turn away and wanting to remain examining it crucially, just to see if this was real.

Armin shuddered violently, "E-Ere-Eren... w-what did you... what did you do?!..."
"I took care of a problem."
"What?..."
"A problem of yours."
"Tell me what you did." The blond tried to keep his voice firm. Armin actually succeeding in this made Eren doubt what he had done, he's not happy with it?...
Eren thought he better explain before Armin got madder at him. Eren didn't like it when Armin was upset. Especially when Armin was upset with him.
"It's the man who tried to attack you. The one I rescued you from." Eren said, hoping to calm him down. This was someone who had tried to do god knows what to him- how could Armin care? It's not like Eren hurt Someone he cared about. It's not about what it actually is, it's more than that symbolic.

Armin looked down. This was a person. Or a part of them... He could see something, white, small like a shard of bone, amongst the dark red rotting liquid and chunks of flesh.
"E-Eren, why?"
"It shows that I'll protect you. That man's hand, it's shows I won't hurt you anymore," Eren smiled as he spoke fondly of his intent, "you're safe...so you should stay with me."
Armin could not find any words. His friend actually killed someone. This was too far now, wasn't it?
"Let's go back up now." Eren beamed, " we can go and read one of your books."
He took Armin by the wrist and took him up the stairs. Leaving the spilled gunky pulp of blood and bone on the floor, decaying further on contact with the air.