Grammar and punctuation (the Lords of doom or the angels of redemption)

welcome to thi 3rd editiok ofhow to author? im so excited for this wan because......ah...this...is...such...a terrible,and hard oargergeh to write. Speaking of which)yesterday.mysister said"i loveyour advice book!!!!!!!!!!!. I'm goingto stap now because my fingers:they feel like theyre been choppd off just by typin this,

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

Ohmysweetchocolates, I almost killed my brain there!

Brain? You okay in there?

Testing the brain: one, two. . .

Okay, I'm fine. Cool.

Thank the gods of brains.

*Clears throat and adjusts sitting position*

Ahem. Okay, let's start with what's wrong with my welcome note.

EVERYTHING!

0/1000 in punctuation and 0/1000 in grammar! Total fail!

But, this is based on my opinion, so maybe I'm being biased. Raise your hand if you love LOVE LOVED the bombastic errors in that terrible (totally not my writing style. I promise my stuff is good, I try) welcome note.

Now, since we've set up this foundation, I'm sure we can all agree that grammar and punctuation are the angels of redemption because they help us understand a piece. They help us tell the story. They help us, the readers understand what the heck is going on.

Back to the horrifying example I gave;

*Rewind noises*

welcome to thi 3rd editiok ofhow to author? im so excited for this wan because......ah...this...is...such...a terrible,and hard oargergeh to write. Speaking of which)yesterday.mysister said"i loveyour advice book!!!!!!!!!!!. I'm goingto stap now because my fingers:they feel like theyre been choppd off just by typin this,

(Before you go further, tell me what you found wrong with this paragraph. Then when you're done, you can compare your comment with mine to know your grammar knowledge level against a pro.

I'm the "pro" by the way. *Covers nose* tee-hee.)

That's a joke. I'm not. I just try my best. I'm sure some of you must have spotted some typos by now (#I-writie-on-my-phone. #itshellIknow)

Anyways, this activity is for you to know the areas of Grammar you don't know about and where you can improve. Darl, I'll be checking your comments, I also want to improve.

Okay. Welcome to . . .

THE PROBLEMS WITH AOFUNKE'S WELCOME NOTE!

1.) First off, man, whoever wrote this(certainly not me in my right senses) has a problem with CAPITALIZATION. And that's where we're gonna start.

When do you use capital letters?

-On the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a paragraph. (A paragraph is a group of sentences that support a basic topic or sentence (called the topic sentence)).

Eg:

The girls stared at Ngozi, each squinting their eyes at the feeble-looking girl. A common thought lay in their hearts: one about how much they hated her guts.

*If this example isn't clear enough, you can ask a question here>

-On the first letter of the first word after a full stop(.).

E.g

The girls stared at Ngozi, each squinting their eyes at the feeble-looking girl. A common thought lay in their hearts: one about how much they hated her guts.