How long should a chapter be?

Yayy! You made it past grammar! Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

Now, I'm sure we already know what chapter length is(how long a chapter is).

I believe that chapter length depends on your own intuition. If you want, you could make it ten words or one million.

But.

When choosing a chapter length that'll be suitable for you, I suggest you look at the following;

•Target audience: since this is Wattpad and most of the people here are young—and young people get bored easily—this is something to take seriously. Some people are comfortable with one million words in one chapter, others will get bored before they reach the end. And you don't want to risk it.

•Story genre: (which is our next topic) if your story is NA/YA(new adult/young adult) you should probably go for shorter chapters because that way, you'll be making the readers experience your book without boring them. But action/adventure chapters tend to be longer due to description and everything.

•Your strength as an author: some authors aren't comfortable with short chapters, others can't cope with long ones. You have to know your strength before going into anything concern chapter length.

At the end of the day just make sure the chapter is long enough to move your plot forward, describe all the events decently and show dialogue beautifully.

Let it flow!

*P.s, sorry for the extra short chapter but I'm sure you learnt something. Hit the star❤️

Have a chocolate 🍫: try writing a new chapter of your story (new or old) write the chapter around a particular plot. Extend it as much as you can or until you start growing tired. End it there.

Do it again (two more times)

Add the words written in each trial and divide by three. The answer is probably your chapter strength ❤️.