What are tags for?

This chapter is dedicated to the amayzayn @ShahadYasin8 for being amazing. You deserve the world, hun❤️❤️❤️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Okay.

Tags. Tags. Tags everywhere!

Don't we just love 'em?

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

What the actual heck are tags?

What? What are they? Whaaaaaattt?!?!?!

Hold your horses, as I shall now explain the meaning of them!

*Does jazz hands*

*Audience bursts into applause*

Tags: the definition.

They are words or a group of words by which a novel can be known for, or categorized under.

We good?

Okay!

So basically, tags are there to tell the reader what to expect in your work—that's their importance.

Without tags, a reader could jump into your story expecting something and then jump out annoyed because what they expected wasn't what they got. Then we hear of cases where the readers backlash the author.

Where can you find the slot for tags on Wattpad?

On the work info page, where you see all your chapters in a straight column.

Still confused?

If you're on the app-

Settle your gaze to the bottom of your screen. There's a pencil-like thingy there. Yes! Click on it.

The work you're currently "working" on, or the one you update last will show up at the top, followed by "edit another story" and then, "create new story"

Click on "edit another story" if you want a full list of all your works, published and not. Or click on the cover of the work showing there to go directly to that story.

Scroll down till you see the section marked tags.

Click on it and type in the tags for your story!

(Remember, wattpad only allows twenty-five of them, so choose wisely)

If you're on the site-

At the top bar on the site's page, click on write.

The full list of your works should come up. Select any of them.

Scroll down till you see the section marked tags.

Click on it and type in the tags for your story!

Still confused?

Ask me a question in the comments and I'll help.