1. Champagne Enema

Prologue

Aiden:

I'm as normal as normal gets. I was never a straight A student, and I was never a complete goody-two-shoes either. I'm the type of person that would be standing right in front of you but you wouldn't realize, because I blend in with the crowd. I'm not rich, but I'm not deadbeat-poor either. I'm not beautiful, but I'm not ugly.

I'm just normal.... and I love my job. Of course waitressing in the big apple doesn't reign in a lot of money but I keep myself entertained with the families that overshare and the girls that gossip too much. I find peace in my eight hour job... most of the time.

I was just putting away the cleaning trolley when the bells on the front door rung. "Hi, welcome to Java Jones. What can I get for ya?"

I ushered a sweet-looking, elderly couple towards a booth in my section and handed them menus. The old bat snickered at my statement and slapped my hand.

"Aiden! You know what I want stop giving us them damn menus!" Willa chastised me in her western drawl.

"Dammit Willa! It's a habit okay. If you don't wanna read them, then don't read it!" I was whisper-shouting at her while she was clearly trying to keep in her laughter.

She snickered, "You know I'm just playing with you, now gimme them damn bagels and coffee!"

I looked at her husband, Bert, and hummed. He was definitely whipped. Every time I see him he looks at his wife with a foreign glint in his eye, like he's falling in love with Willa all over again.

I pointed my pen at him and rose my eyebrows, "the regular for you too Bertty?" He nodded his head once with a smile and turned back to his wife.

I stepped off toward and the kitchen and scribbled down their order. I was two seconds away from bumping chests with a tall guy that I've never seen here before.

He had buzzed, blonde hair, pale skin and tattoos all over. A crooked nose and piercing brown eyes. I feel like I should know these markings... but the circular one on his neck made me want to vomit though.

"I uh- sorry." I stepped around him and speed walked through the kitchen doors. The whole while I could feel his gaze burning holes in my back and cringed away to make myself smaller. Something just didn't feel right about this guy.

"Rigg, your parents are here!" I slapped the order sheet on the counter and headed back to the dining area.

He's still there, still staring at me. I didn't look at him though, I had no business with him. He wasn't seated in my area.. thank the angel.

I cautiously looked around the cafe and spotted another set of regulars. A smile spread across my face as I walked over to them.

"Give me the professors' names and I... I will end them" I overheard as I stopped by their table.

I giggled and nudged him on the shoulder. "How in the hell do you plan to end them Simon?" He looked up at me with a goofy smile then back at Clary, who had a forlorn look on her face.

"You know, with... with a scathing email to the dean" Clary looked at him with disbelief while I straight up just laughed.

She sat down and threw a paper across the table towards us. "Don't bother" I gave her a skeptical glance before looking down at the letter in Simon's hands.

"Whaaatt?"
"Well damn, look at you!"

We said at the same time. I covered my mouth before shuffling over and giving her a hug that could've crushed her ribs.