10. Liquid Lunch

Chapter Nine

Aiden:

He was quiet, but not surprised. "You've only known him for all of two seconds, Aiden."

"And the same goes for you and Clary." His face got serious.

"She wasn't knocked out for almost a week." We had a small stared down. I won.

"Don't fight me on this, Jace." His jaw ticked. "Like Clary said, we both got a lot of things in common... and knowing who we want and going after them.. even if it kills us, is one of them." I crossed my arms and waited.

He nodded his head. "You're right. You're too right." I smirked.

"Now" I leaned closer. "What's the plan Shadowhunter?" I got a smirk back.

"I'm stealing the vamp's bike and you're gonna drive the van to meet Izzy and Alec."

I looked Clary. "She's going with you?" He nodded. "Alright. I'll get going then." I patted him on the shoulder and walked out to the van.

It wasn't until I was minutes away from Hotel DuMort that I realized that I had neither Izzy's nor Alec's number and I highly doubt we're gonna go in through the front door. I pulled over and rested my head on the staring wheel. I'm getting mad frustrating. Where are they?!

"I will reveal to you.... another gift...that no other child of mine has."

I sighed. I really do hope I'm not going crazy. That the voice in my head isn't a coping mechanism.

"Lift up your head. Open your eyes my child."

I did as it said, shut my eyes immediately and choked on my spit. I could see everyone I knew, where they were, what they were doing and I could feel where they were, even if it was just for a split second. This is surreal.

I slowly opened my eyes once more and focused on where Isabelle was. Immediately, I felt the tug in my gut, drawing me to her. I pulled back on the road and followed my instinct... all while internal freaking the fuck out.

I walked up the stairs of angel knows where and looked around. I know she was here but how the hell could I not see her? Immediately, the hairs on my neck rose and I heard the faint whisper of wind. I leaned to my right and watched Izzy's signature weapon, the whip, lash out at where my neck used to be.

"The fuck Izzy?!" I turned around and caught her stunned.

"I-I'm so sorry. I just... I never gave you the address and Alec didn't tell me you were coming so I wasn't expecting anyone else.

I huffed and leaned against the fencing. "Understandable. Alec doesn't know I was coming either." I was still pissed tho. My head would've been separated from my fucking body if it weren't for the gut feeling I had.

She sighed and came next to me. "So if we didn't tell you the address and the others don't know.... how did you get here?"

I looked away. "That's a topic for another time." I smirked and looked back at her. "How was your visit to your Seelie friends?"

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Steamy and... eventful. How was your time with the others?"

"Honestly, I more than fucking frustrated." I pinched my index and thumb close together and whispered. "I'm this close, to tying your brother to my fucking bedpost."

She burst out in laughter. "What did they have you do?"

"It's more like what your brother does to me to make me behave like this." I crossed my arms and sighed.