17. Give Me Answers

Chapter Sixteen

Aiden:

So many things happened at once. Alec loved Jace... and was in clear denial of it. Like I said earlier, everything was happening in slow motion and that's partially why I reacted as fast as I did.

Alec broke the pentagram.
He just did what was warned against several times.
Angel bless America.

Once Alec let go, everyone that was keeping the demon at bay was blown to the walls. I braced myself against a pillar and glanced at the floor. When Jace fell, a seraph blade was let loose and was just about two feet from my legs.

The room shook and the demon spun and grew. Its growls would've frightened a mundane to death but I was definitely shaking in my fucking boots. Magnus was trying to contain the demon and everyone was just on their ass in fear.

"I cannot contain the demon much longer!" Magnus screamed. Alec got up and was looking really damn suspicious. He began to walk towards the fucking thing!

I think the fuck not you trick ass bitch. Sit the fuck down!

Apparently, Jace thought the same thing, because he ran to him and pushed the idiot out of the way. Although he got Alec out of the memory demon's grasp, I couldn't say the same for him. The sight of the blonde bombshell being held captive and possibly being hurt made me tick with anger. Isabelle rushed and grabbed his hand but it was no use. The demon wouldn't let go and that only meant I'd have to make it let go.

I raced to the discarded seraph blade and awakened it. My rage fueled the blade and it shone bright enough to light the entire room in blue light. This was no katana, but I'd make it work. The demon roared loader as it tried to carry Jace with it to the underworld. 

"Grab Him!" Izzy shouted at her stunned brother. 

"The demon's getting stronger!" Magnus announced. His magic was dimming. It was time to act. He definitely couldn't keep this up for longer than a minute. 

In my peripheral, Clary was still on her ass, looking at everyone trying to get her knight in shining armor away from the tormenting mist. I huffed and ran toward the group with my blade in hand. 

One slice. 

That's all it took. I was almost disappointed. I wanted to make that bastard demon pay for ever trying to get away with shit like that. Make the fucker think that his hometown was heaven. 

As soon as my blade sliced the sonuvabitch in half everything went ear-ringingly silent. The room stopped shaking, the persistent wind stopped blowing and everyone fell to the floor in exhaustion and shock.

We stayed quiet for a while, just appreciating the fact that we were alive... well... some of us were. Clary was fuming. I gave her a 'try me bitch' look and deactivated the blinding seraph blade. Clearly, she had no sense of self-preservation because she finally got off her ass and came stomping towards me.

I rolled my eyes. I will kill her if she dared to step into my personal space right now. Everyone was watching tensely as she came closer to me, but by a snap of a finger, she was held immobile just an inch off the ground. Eyes flew to Magnus and he simply shrugged. Clary hissed and glared as she kicked to be let down.  "Put me down, Magnus!"

His face got serious and he glared right back at her. "To get yourself killed and possibly harm my bonded in the process?" He took slow steps that definitely intimated the fuck outta me and stood by my side. "I don't think so, little Fairchild."

She blinked, surprised that he wouldn't listen to her and upset that no one was doing anything to help. Clary growled and returned her attention to me. "What is wrong with you? Why would you kill it? You just messed up everything all because you wanted the glory of killing a demon!" She was screaming so loud that I was sure she was the one that induced the ringing I was hearing.

Angel Blessedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें