Part 17 - One more chance

From then on, Oc did her best to avoid Rafe and the others did what they could to keep his nasty ass away from her. He had tried a few times to talk to her, but she had no interest in what he had to say. It was so over for her. She did keep in touch with Topper. During the time she was with Rafe, Topper was a real friend to her and she did enjoy his company. She didn't tell any of the other pogues because she knew they would freak, but she often went on walks with him and they spent hours talking in secret. Jj was slowly making his way back into the friend zone, and Oc was accepting it. After all, she did miss him and having a friendship wouldn't harm anyone.

One early morning, Jj woke Oc up and brought her to the tree house. "Jj, what are we doing up here and why are you covering my eyes?" "Just wait Sunny." "C'mon, it's super early. What are we doing up in the tree house?" Jj slowly removes his hands from her face and he says at the end of July, for some reason the sunsets are the most beautiful, most vibrant thing you will ever see. Turn around." She turns around and is immediately mesmerized. "Whoah. This is amazing." "Isn't it?" She looks into his bright blue eyes and says "yeah." Then she says "but Jj why are we up here?" "C'mon Sunny, let's give it another shot." "Give what another shot?" "Us." "There is no more us anymore." "C'mon don't do that. You know there is." "Yeah, no" she replies while laughing. As she's climbing down the tree house, she says "nice try though."

Later on that day, Pope took John B to go do some grocery deliveries while Sarah and Kie went shopping. That left Oc and Jj all on their own in the Château. 

While Kie and Sarah came home, they were walking towards the house and then they suddenly hear yelling. "AHHH." The two rush into the house to see Jj standing on the bed with Oc in his arms. Kie says "guys is everything okay?!" Jj replies "NO IT'S NOT OKAY. A fucking tarantula almost bit my arm off!" The two girls get scared and jump onto the bed. Sarah says in fear "where is it?!" Oc points at the ground and Jj says "It's right fucking there! Are you blind?!" Kie then says "are you talking about that? The itsy bitsy spider?" They all glare at each other. Sarah and Kie jump off the bed and Sarah says "wow ladies." Jj then says "shut up and just get rid of it." Kie picks it up and brings it close to their faces. "Ahhh no! Get it away!" Jj starts backing up on the bed trips and falls backwards. At this point the two girls had left the room. Oc was on top of Jj since they had fallen and Jj said "see? Just like old times." He smirks as she rolls her eyes and gets off of him.

That night, Oc was unable to sleep so she texted Topper to take a walk with her. They met up at about 3 Am and walked for hours on the beach. She told him about how Jj wanted to get back together and that she was unsure about what she should do. The sun was starting to rise, so Oc thought it would be good if she headed back. She hugged Topper and said goodbye.

On her way back to the Château, she ran into Jj. "Hey Jj!" He ignored her. "Jj?" "What?" He replied angrily. "Geez, what's wrong with you?" He replied "I thought you were done with the kooks. But I saw you on the beach this morning... So who's next? Topper? Because I hear he likes to sleep around. You two have that in common." "Let me explain. Me and Topper are ju-" "No. I don't care." "Yes you do. That's why you're so upset." He scoffs and she continues "No. You don't get to be that way. Because when I met you, you straightened out my entire world. You were my world. You meant everything to me and you were the most important thing. I thought I found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. But then you cheated... and left me. So you remember that." She started to walk away when Jj said "wait! You're wrong." She looks at him confused and says "about what Jj? Please enlighten me." "I did leave you... but I didn't cheat. I lied to you." "Okay now you're just playing games." She starts to walk away again but he grabs her arm and says "no i'm serious. I didn't do shit. I only said I did." "And why the hell did you do that? Huh Jj? Why did you break my heart?" "Because I thought I was bad for you. I am, but I can't be without you anymore." "No. This is crazy." She started walking away for the third time and then he yells "can you honestly tell me that you don't feel anything for me?!" She stops walking and turns around but says nothing. "Then what's holding you back? You and Rafe broke up, so what's wrong?" "Jj stop." "No! Why can't we be together?" "You really want to know?" "Yes!" "It's because I don't trust anyone anymore." "What does that mean?" "I've been abused my entire life, I got kidnapped, John B lied about knowing who my mother was, then you cheated, but you lied about that too! See?! Can't you see that I can't trust anyone anymore?" Jj slowly walks towards her and says "you can trust me. Just let me prove it to you. Please, one more chance is all i'm asking for." She looks down then back at him and says "ok. One more chance."