CHΔPTΣR 1

CHΔPTΣR 1
-ΠIҜITΔ SΩMMΣRS
Knowledge can be dangerous. I know this. Mom always told me that sometimes it can be dangerous what a person knows. Like how I know that I'm adopted. I just don't know who my real parents are. My mom always told me that she wasn't my mom, but she is like a mother to me. So I call her mom. Jenna Sommers is my adoptive mother. She has a hard life, raising a strange child, all alone, yeah, she's single. Even though she's gorgeous and beautiful. Okay. Enough about my mother. Sorry. I have ADHD, and I'm dyslexic, so I tend to get off topic sometimes. So, my name's Nikita Sommers, but I prefer to be called Nikki. I'm eleven years old, and I had gotten a letter by an owl. Here's how it went:
ҒLΔSHβΔCҜ
I sit on my bed, admiring my outfit in the mirror. Today's my eleventh birthday. So I have to look my best. I have on red ripped skinny jeans, a black long tank top, with a silver cross on the center, my boot-like converse, my black leather jacket, a silver choker with a black skull in the center, and a silver ring, also with a black skull on it. My makeup is simple, since I don't really enjoy makeup. Smokey eye, light lipgloss, and my concealer. Then a tapping noise on the window snaps me out of my thoughts. An owl flies steadily by my window. I hesitantly open the window, and it flies in.
"Mom! There's an owl in my bedroom!" I yell.
I hear mother's feet racing up the stairs, and she stops by my door, shocked. Her red hair is up in a messy bun, her brown eyes are wide from shock, and her lips move, as if she's trying to form words.
"It-it actually came." she finally said. "I thought your father was lying."
"What?" I ask, once I realized there was a letter in its claws.
"Honey, you're a wizard." mom finally informs me, as I read the letter.
"dear мιѕѕ nιĸιтa вlacĸ/ѕoммerѕ,
yoυ нave вeen accepтed тo нogwarтѕ ѕcнool oғ wιтcнcraғт and wιzardry. we ѕнall ѕend ѕoмeone тo тaĸe yoυ тo dιagon alley, тo collecт yoυr ѕcнool ѕυpplιeѕ. we eхpecт an owl вacĸ вy тwo weeĸѕ.
тнanĸ yoυ,
proғeѕѕor мcgonegall.
I read the letter out loud for mom to know what it says.
"Nikki," mom becomes serious. "I believe it's time you learn more about your heritage."
"Okay." I add, worried.
Jenna isn't a serious kind of person. She upbeat and spunky. If people even use that word anymore.
"Your real name is Nikita Black. I'm not saying who your father is, but you'll probably find out while you're in Hogwarts. Your father is actually my cousin, by marriage. You'll learn more about your mother when you turn thirteen. But, that's all I can think of. Any-um-any questions?"
"Why are you keeping so much from me?"
"Knowledge can be dangerous, sweetie. The more you know, the more danger you'll be in."
"Danger? From who?"
"Like I said, knowledge can be dangerous."
I just roll my eyes, and start to write a letter back to this "Professor McGonegall" person. All I write: "I'll be there. -Nikita Black/Sommers".
"You better start packing. The sooner the better. You never know when the person will show up." mom kisses me on the forehead, and leaves my bedroom.
Then I begin packing. Dresses, shirts, blouses, long sleeve shirts, shorts, jeans, leggings, and other types of clothes. Necklaces, rings, bracelets, all my piercing rings, or whatever you would call it. Hey, I'm a loner. Don't judge me. Wait, I'm surprised I could read that letter. I look over at the note, and realize it's in a different language. Ancient Greek. My brown eyes narrow in confusion. How can I read Ancient Greek, but can hardly read English. Then again, I have had random moments when I speak in a different language. Like Roman, Greek, and animal. Yes, I can talk to animals. It's a blessing. Oh right, I still haven't given the letter to the owl. I grab the letter, and place it in the owl's claws. Then the owl flies away, not saying anything. And now I'm back to where we started. I sigh, and fall asleep on my bed.
ΠIҜҜI'S DRΣΔM:
The people sitting in front of me, were people I've never met before. Eleven people a little older than me. Maybe around sixteen or seventeen. Okay a lot older than me. But, just by looking at them, I could name them easily. The first boy has a nice tan, athletic body, sea green eyes, messy dark brown hair, and a nice surfer look. Perseus Jackson, or Percy Jackson. The next person is a girl with blonde hair, stormy grey eyes, seems extremely wise, just by looking at her, and just like the others, has an athletic body. Annabeth Chase. The next girl has messy black hair, palish skin, electric blue eyes, and also an athletic body. Thalia Grace. The next one is a body, with equally electrifying blue eyes, with blonde hair, nice muscles, a scar on his top lip, palish skin, and an athletic body. Jason Grace. The next person is a girl, she looks like an Indian and American mix, she has brown hair braided over her shoulder, dark skin, chocolaty brown eyes, and an athletic body. Piper McLean. Then there's another boy sitting next to her, he has an olive tone skin, skinny body, yet athletic, messy black hair, dark brown eyes, and bags under his eyes. Nico diAngelo. Next is a girl, she has dark skin, curly dark brown hair, athletic body, and dark brown eyes. Hazel Levesque. Next is a hyperactive boy, he has a tan on his athletic body, his hands seem to be for building only, he has brown eyes, and messy brown hair. Leo Valdez. Then there's a boy next to him, large from muscles, palish skin, short black hair, dark brown eyes, and a babyish face. Frank Zhang. Then there's a boy, yet not boy, he has the upper half of a boy, but a lower half of a goat, he has short, yet curly, brown hair, a nice tan, facial hair, dark brown eyes, and horns peeking from inside his hair. Grover Underwood. Then there's a girl, with piercing green eyes, freckles all over her face, wild red hair, pale skin, and skinny body, yet slightly athletic looking. Rachel Elizabeth Dare. They all look at me, as if expecting something. Then I say something, not meaning to.
"What? Do I have something on my face?" I ask them, not something I would normally say.
"You've been claimed." Percy adds, his voice send shivers up my spine.
I look down at my outfit, and notice that I'm in a red dress. The right sleeve hangs off my shoulder, revealing a strange tattoo, the sleeves are long, the skirt reaches just above my knees, and the belt is silver. Then I look up, and notice that I have symbols above my head. I look around, and notice that I'm not the only confused one. Then I notice that I have a tiara on my head.
"You're a daughter of Aphrodite," Annabeth gasps, "and you're blessed by Apollo, Hades, Artemis, Hypnos, Hestia, your own mother, Ares, Hermes, and Poseidon."
Then the scenery changes. And I stand before Rachel, but no one else.
"Nikita Black," she begins to speak, her eyes seem to lighten up, "you have been blessed by many gods and goddesses, Olympians and others. Also the Oracle has blessed you with sight into the future. You can choose to change it, or not. It's your choice."
"What do you mean? Are you say all the Greek mythology isn't mythology?" I ask her, shocked.
"Yes. You have the gifts of charm-speaking, beauty, music, poetry, prophecies, healing, water, hurricanes, death, raising the dead, shadow traveling, communicating with animals, hunting, fire, battle, war, weapons, dreams, and pranks." Rachel explains.
"Whoa. Seriously? Please tell me this is real." I pinch my arm.
Then I realize I'm in the same outfit I was in before I fell asleep. I poke Rachel, and she feels real. I gasp.
"I am communicating with you from the future. You died, and I'm trying to prevent it from happening. It caused much grief in multiple lives. Even the ones you wouldn't expect to grieve over you." Rachel sniffs the tears away.
I feel the sudden urge to hug her, so I do. I pull her into my arms, and she cries into my shoulder, shaking.
"We-we were best friends. You and I. Every one loved you at camp. I wish you would come sooner than you did, that way you would get more training." Rachel says through her sons.
"What is the future me like?" I ask her, trying to get away from the death subject.
"Funny, beautiful, flirty, gothic, a slight loner at times-" she giggles "-you love the ocean, and the food at camp, you always win every fight, you love to play pranks on the Hermes kids, and other campers too, but mostly the Hermes kids. You get along with everyone, you're great at all the activities, you are a great singer, you love to draw and design clothes, you went on many quests, you're not like normal Aphrodite children. You aren't afraid to fight and get dirty, like Piper-" she pauses "-and had your eyes set on a few guys at camp and your school. You're loyal to all your friends, and bravery is what got you killed." she sobs.
"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm here, aren't I?" I force her to look me in the eyes, trying to comfort her.
"Wa-want me to show you? You know, how it happened? How you died." her tear-filled eyes look up at me, expectantly, as if already knowing my answer.
"Sure." I nod, but know I'll regret it.
Then suddenly I'm somewhere else. I actually know some of these people. My cousins Elena and Jeremy Gilbert, then there's their friends Caroline Forbes, Matt Donovan, Bonnie Bennett, Tyler Lockwood, and then other people I don't know, yet. I immediately know how I die, seeing what our environment is like. We're in a meadow, surrounded by strange men and women. They have veins protruding from under their eyes, fangs in their mouth, and their eyes are golden. I immediately step forward.
"You'll have to kill me first," I say to the man that seems to be the leader.
"Oh, but what's the fun in that, love? You know I can't do that." he mocks me.
"Why? Because you want me as an ally?" I glare at him.
"Maybe. Maybe not," he grins, sheepishly.
But I know better. I press down on a charm on my bracelet, and a sword appears in my hand.
"Me against you. If I die, do as you please, if they let you. If you die, your hybrids have to leave." I smirk, cockily.
"Deal." he charges at inhuman speed, but I match, easily.
Our blades clash against the other, and we bicker.
"I will rule this world. With you help." he growls.
"Oh, I'll have to practice my curtesy." I mock.
"That you will." he winks.
"Don't be so full of yourself. I will win this fight." I growl.
"I'm not so sure about that." he grins, as a pain goes through my stomach.
I look down as I gasp in pain. I look down at my bloodstained waist. The sword was ripped from my stomach. My friends and family call out to me, but their voices seem to fade. My friends, from the beginning of my dream and along with others, appear in the shadows, and watch in horror, as I fall to the ground. Then everything goes black...

αυтнσя'ѕ иσтє:
нєу gυуѕ! тнαикѕ fσf яєα∂ιиg. ι fєєℓ ℓιкє тнιѕ ¢нѕρтєя ѕυ¢кє∂ тнσυgн, вυт ι ρυт α ℓσт σf тιмє ʝитσ ιт. ι нσρє уσυ ℓιкє∂ ιт αиуωαуѕ. ωяιтιиg ιѕ му ℓιfє! ωєℓℓ, тнαикѕ, αи∂ вує.
-2вαиιмє