Chapter 3: Inventory

A/n: I don't own any of the manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

Hope you enjoy the fic!

======================================================================================================================================================

Fukyutsui opened his eyes in yet another unknown roof, he honestly questioned whether this would happen regularly or not, he hoped for the latter, he didn't feel like waking up in a different roof every so often, he looked to his sides, there was no IV this time, he was definitely in an infirmary-like place, after all there was some medical equipment around. He looked at another desk next to him and noticed his sunglasses, he put them on and sighed, he had not expected the fight to make him collapse like that.

[For killing the pack of wolf curses user has gained +100 dollars]

[Fatigue Has been completely restored]

[Hp has been completely restored]

[Cp has been completely restored]

The boy ignored the messages and looked around. The room was quite big, having a total of twenty medical beds inside, each with a small desk on either side, one with medical equipment and the other with nothing on it. The room was currently empty with only him inside, he looked left and right and narrowed his eyes. He had even gotten there, he was inside the forest last time he checked, he had dropped his sword and - Wait, where was his sword?

He looked left and right, under the bed, behind the desks - the sword was nowhere to be found. Fukyutsui was close to panicking, currently he had nothing to defend himself with, sure he can use Cursed energy infused fists, but it doesn't do nearly as much damage as the sword would. His heart sank on the several different possibilities of dying without the sword. He got off from the bed and searched the room, there's no way they'd just take his sword right? Right?

He sighed, disappointed with his search, he had not found his sword and he had reached a conclusion, the sword was not in the room he was in. That meant one of two things, either the person who brought him here took the sword, or a person before the person who brought him here took the sword. He hoped that it was the previous, at least then he had the chance of getting it back.

'Damn it.' he inwardly cursed, going to the exit and opening the door, the moment he did he saw a tall muscular man with mid-length straight black hair that reached to his ears. He had green eyes, thin black eyebrows and a sharp scar over the right side of his mouth just on the edge of his lips... It was Toji again.

He had a bag on his shoulder and from the look on his face he didn't seem too happy. "I leave ya for a day and yo not only kill a pack of wolf curses but also collapse out of overexertion," He took the bag on his shoulder and threw it at Fukyutsui, "you're something else."

'Why is he here?' Fukyutsui questioned, looking at Toji curiously. The tall muscular man seemed to understand his curiosity, "I'm here because I was contracted to kill some curses around here," the man pointed at Fukyutsui, "but you handled that already, didn't you?" He grinned and tapped his shoulder, "Anyways, I couldn't let anyone else get that sword, it's not very powerful - but I don't want stuff I give as presents to fall on the hands of others." Fukyutsui nodded and understood, it wouldn't feel very nice he imagined.

Toji walked to Fukyutsui and took a pack of money from his pocket and showed it to the boy, "Before I forget, take this."He placed the money on Fukyutsui's chest, the boy took it and looked at it. "It doesn't feel right getting the money from something I didn't do," Tojo grabbed something else from his pocket and handed it to Fukyutsui, it was a crumpled paper. The boy uncrumpled it and saw the address of a hotel.