Ch. 10 | The Letter

A/n: I don't own any of the manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

======================================================================================================================================================

Fukyutsui calmly sat in front of a small fireplace inside the building, hovering his hands around the fire as he warmed himself up. He was not enjoying this escort mission, he in fact hated any and all escort missions in his videogames. He always found them too annoying to get into. Once he felt his hands were sufficiently warm he took out his Gameboy and started playing pokemon Red, getting supplies like pokeballs and going off to catch pokemon in the wilderness.

"..." nearby the boy soldiers frightfully looked at Fukyutsui, keeping their distance, not bothering the boy as he played videogames. Fukyutsui felt a warm piece of cloth cover him and an arm wrap around his neck. He looked towards the source and saw Sumia hugging him like a child and pulling him into a warm embrace. Fukyutsui ignored it and played his videogames, being too cold to refute the extra warmth. 

"Lords! You are freezing!" yelled Sumia, taking an opportunity to hug Fukyutsui, his skin was extremely soft, he smelled extremely good and his hair glistened, Sumia had never seen black hair shine so beautifully before, it wasn't oily and it seemed to have a natural shine to it. Little to Sumia's knowledge, the reason for Fukyutsui's cleanness, softness, and hair had to do with modern hygiene, which he made sure to bring with him in his inventory. 

Fukyutsui heard Sumia sniffing his head and couldn't help but correlate her actions to a stereotypical crack addict he saw in television, just sniffing the white powder in front of a live recording to prove what was in his house was sugar, only to then be refuted by the simple things called common sense and science.

"Sumia... you are freaking out essentially everyone here," Chrom said behind Fukyutsui, "Would you mind stopping..." Chrom stopped to think of the proper words to use in this situation, "the sniffing, yes, the sniffing."

Sumia tightened her hold on Fukyutsui, almost making him accidentally press use on an elemental stone while checking out an Eevee, something which would've been a major mistake since he wanted to wait out until he had all stones so he could make an informed decision for his party. 

Fukyutsui looked toward Sumia and used all of his [Bloodlust] on the girl 

[Player Sumia's title Foolish optimism negates the [Bloodlust] skill effect]

Fukyutsui clicked his tongue while playing, he could easily punch her out of grasping range, but he was extremely cold and very slowly warming up so he decided her annoying hugging could be useful at least once. 

"Awww~ You are so cute!" she said, hugging Fukyutsui who saved his game and closed his eyes while placing the Gameboy inside his jacket, all the warmth was making him sleepy, he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes tiredly. Fukyutsui placed the Gameboy inside his inventory while holding it inside his pocket. He then leaned at Sumia's shoulder before putting his glasses inside his jacket. 

Fukyutsui heard some muffled shrieks coming from Sumia who hugged him tighter, he immediately opened his tired eyes and released himself from Sumia's grasp, and walked away from her. 

"H-hey! Aren't you cold? Don't you want to warm up?" he heard Sumia ask. Fukyutsui turned around and coldly stared at her, he would rather be cold than be with such a noisy person. He walked away and stood in the middle of a roman-like indoor arena, he liked how everything looked and would love to use that spot to train. He took out his sword and then placed it on his hip before starting his slashing, training his quick slash technique constantly.