18. coffee

Win woke up to the sound of buzzing. His phone was vibrating on the bedside table. He turned over very cautiously as to not wake Team. When he read who was calling him at six in the morning.

Dad.

Win carefully slid out of bed grabbing the phone and bringing it ti the bathroom, answering it as he shut the bathroom door.

"Pa good morning" He said looking in the mirror at his sleepy self, rubbing his eyes as he listened to his father on the other line.

"..."

"Wait! What did you say?!" Win's eyes shot open.

"..."

"...How long?" He took in a deep breath.

"..."

"Pa! That's not what we agreed on!" He yelled until he remembered Team was still asleep.

"..."

Win scoffed pressing his tongue to the wall of his mouth. "I can't believe you changed it! How did you even get the papers? I turned them in at the very last minute."

"..."

Win's eyes dropped along with his tone of voice. "Why are you doing this Pa?"

"..."

He ran his hand through his hair before slamming it down on the sink. "And you decided blackmailing me would help bring honor to our family!?" Win sounded hurt.

"..."

"Marrying a stranger is out of the question Pa. I'll never do it." He said bitterly.

"..."

"Pa..If I go to Japan I won't be able to see Team for several years." He said defeatedly.

"..."

"...I can't..I won't ask him to do that."  He sighed looking at his now pitiful reflection in the mirror.

"..."

"Whatever Pa. I'm doing this for him, not you."

"..."

His father ended the call, and with that Win put his phone faced down on the sink. He turned on the faucet an splashed himself in the face with the ice cold water. He brought his hands up to his hair gripping it tightly on both sides, hard enough to pull a few strands.

His hands dropped back down to his sides. He looked up at the overhead light until he started seeing little white specks everywhere. When he looked back down he inhaled sharply and grabbed his phone heading out of the bathroom.

He opened the door only to find Team lying in bed awake facing the bathroom door. Win forced a smile.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?" He said climbing back into bed.

Team shook his head. "No I just got cold because you left so I woke up."

"Mmm. Sorry baby my dad called." He patted Team's head. "Lets go back to sleep."

Team's head shook again. "I have class at eight anyways and I wanted to get to school around seven so I could study in the library for a little."