School festival pt.2 (end)

[authors note: were finally here, the last chapter. This feels really weird to write... I'll keep the authors notes for this chapter short, there'll be an authors note chapter after this with all my sappy emotional things.]

You walked around the school with kuroo,  stopping by any classrooms with interesting activities.
the halls were more much crowded than you'd expected.

"Tetsu, where should we go next?"

You turned to look at kuroo but found that he was gone.

'Too many people... damn I can't see him.'

You continued to wander around, hoping you would see kuroo somewhere, after a while of walking, you bumped into someone.

"Sorry."

"Y/n?"

You glanced where the voice was coming from, to see kenma.

"Kenma! Have you seen tetsurou?"

His expression changed slightly as he heard his friends name.

"I haven't, did you get lost?"

"Maybe..."

Kenma brought you outside where the crowd was smaller.

"Where did you two get separated?"

"By the library I think..."

Kenma let out a small laugh "that makes sense, the library is doing some kind of chemistry game, kuroo probably got exited and forgot to tell you before he went in."

"That definitely sounds like him... that's too bad, I bet I could win that game!" You chuckled

A light blush dusted kenmas face when you laughed, quickly turning into a sad expression.

"A-anyways... I'm sure he'll come looking for you soon, we should wait here for him." Kenma said, sitting on a bench.

You took a seat beside him. "You alright kenma? You seem a bit down..."

"Yep... totally fine" he tried to cover his expression with a smile

"That smile is clearly fake... what's wrong? You know I'm here for you."

"I- I have feelings for someone..."

"Wait really?! That's great!"

"No... it's not... they aren't my soulmate."

Your excitement quickly dropped. "Damn..."

"Yeah..."

A silence washed over you, not exactly uncomfortable... but not particularly comfortable either.

"Kenma... you have a soulmate out there, and they're waiting for you! So even if it's difficult, try to work through those feelings, let them go, even if it's hard... because I'm sure whoever you fell for really wants you to be happy!"

A small smile came over kenmas face, it was gentle, and much more genuine than before. "Thank you... y/n."

"Chibi Chan!" Kuroos voice rang in from the distance

You looked up to see kuroo with a bright smile. Holding a black cat plushie.

"Tetsurou! Next time warn me before you run off like that, Dummy."

"R-right, but look what I got you!" Kuroo proudly held out the cat plush, a light blush on his face, and a childish grin.

"You're such a dork sometimes... thank you tetsurou."