Chapter 3

I like you... You're pretty cool.

---

Iida fidget as he stood in front of the public library, the place (Y/n) had chosen to meet up. He quickly glanced at his watch and sighed. It read 9:59 p.m.

I arrived too early.

Iida ran his fingers through his hair and checked if he had everything. He wanted to impress (Y/n) in any way possible. He had spent hours coming up with the perfect teaching skill he would need, he even dressed up way too formal than usual.

His white buttoned up shirt and black pants could give anyone the impression that he was meeting up with someone important and to Iida he was.

He stood there for a few more seconds wondering where the Koala boy could have been. The heat and nervousness piled up making the wait unbearable. But he was willing to wait it out, meeting (Y/n) was his top priority.

All the sudden, Iida felt something softly graze his ear and a warm breath exhaled quietly into it.

"Boo"

His heart raced as he quickly stumbled away from the spot he was standing on. Covering his ear, he turned around and looked for who had done that to him.

His face heated up as he met the (e/c) colored eyes he grew to like. There in front of him stood (Y/n) holding his hand over his mouth as he tried holding in his laughter, which didn't last long.

"Hahaha!" His laugh rang through the street as Iida stood there frozen. All he could think about at the moment was (Y/n)'s beautiful laughter and what had happened a few seconds before.

Was the soft thing that touched my ears (Y/n)'s lips?

At this, Iida became more red, causing (Y/n) to laugh even harder. His breathing stopped as many thoughts flooded his mind.

"Oh my goodness." (Y/n) said between laughs. "You should see your face right now... It's priceless."

(Y/n) held his stomach as it had started to hurt with all the laughing. Iida, finally getting out of his embarrassed state, marched over to (Y/n). He stood in front of him and chopped his hand in the air.

"(L-L/n), you shouldn't do that to people." Iida said, still a bit flustered. "It is disrespectful."

"S-Sorry." (Y/n) said, still laughing as tears started forming in the corner of his eyes.

Iida watched as (Y/n) laughed for a while more. Still in awe, he quickly took the chance to take in the sight that was in front of him.

(Y/n) wore a white shirt that with some lighting could be seen through it. Jean like shorts that ended above his knees and a white pair of shoes. The last thing Iida noticed was the white earbuds and the black backpack.

Unconsciously, he smiled as he started to feel warm inside. Iida wanted this moment to last forever. He just wanted to hear (Y/n)'s sweet laughter. This continued for a while more, until suddenly (Y/n) stopped laughing.

"Mmmm... Iida?..." (Y/n) looked up at him and awkwardly smiled. "What are you doing?"

IIda blinked and saw that he had placed his hand on top of (Y/n)'s head and was slowly rubbing one of his ears in between his fingers. He quickly pulled away as he blushed.

"I.. I apologize. That was rude of me. I should have asked your permission first. I'm sorry-"

"Wow, it's fine." (Y/n) raised his hands stopping Iida's rant. "I don't mind. It felt... nice. Just ask next time, Okay?"

"Right.." Iida looked away still embarrassed. "Well then, shall we go in?"

"Yup." With a smile on his face, (Y/n) suddenly took a hold of Iida's arm and started to drag him along. "Come on, I know a good spot."

Iida silently watched as (Y/n) pulled him around, almost as if they were a couple enjoying a nice date, one pulling the other.

After a few seconds, (Y/n) had brought them to a nice little table next to a window all the way in the back of the library.

"Neat, uh?" (Y/n) smiled as he turned to Iida.

"Yes, it is quite nice here."

"Come on then."

(Y/n) quickly sat on one of the two chairs near the table and set his backpack down. Iida quickly followed, pulling out all the work that needed to be done.

"Alright..." With a serious expression, Iida pushed up his glasses and placed the papers on the table. "Let's get this started."

~~~

"That is all for today." Iida said as he set the papers done and stacked then neatly. "We'll do the rest tomorrow."

"Finallyyyyyyy!" (Y/n) whined as he stretched out over the table. "My brain was about to fry up." Fake tears fell out as he moved his face to the side. "I'm too dumb for thisssss!"

"I'm sure with enough time and studying..." Iida quickly placed his papers away and looked at (Y/n) who laid on the table across from him. "This will become easier to grasp."

(Y/n) got up and frowned at Iida, causing him to flinch. (Y/n) then crossed his arms and laid his head on them.

"Mannnn~, I'm jealous of you."

"H-How so?"

Iida couldn't help but wonder what (Y/n) could be jealous of. He was the better one out of the two here, in Iida's opinion. Iida could list out all the amazing things about (Y/n) that it would take up more than a day to do. So what could he possibly be jealous about?

"You got the smarts, the motivation, and the confidence..." (Y/n) listed out with his fingers. "While I don't have the motivation to do some homework..." He then placed his hands down and lowered his head into his arms. "Sometimes I just want to stop doing everything and give up..."

Iida's eyes widened as he heard this, but he kept his mouth shut letting (Y/n) continue.

"I mean... what's the point..." (Y/n)'s voice was low and muffled. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the silence around them. "Who knows if I'll still be alive long enough to become an adult."

...

Silence filled the air. Iida didn't know how to respond to this.

"What about..." (Y/n) raised his head a bit to see Iida hesitating to speak. "Your future dreams..." Iida looked at (Y/n) in the eyes and spoke with determination. "Don't you want to be a hero?"

(Y/n) stared at Iida for a moment, then chuckled. It was a soft and quiet sound. It held some joy, but it was different from the laughter from before. Something was hidden behind it and Iida couldn't quite figure out what it was.

"Not everyone wants to be a hero, Iida." (Y/n) said after he stopped chuckling.

"O-Oh." Iida jumped a bit as he chopped his hand in the air. "I simply assumed everyone wanted to be a hero because I wanted to be a hero. That was ignorant of me to think. My apologies."

Iida slightly bowed in his seat, causing (Y/n) to chuckle under his breath.

"It's fine. But like, I want to live a nice simple life doing my dream job." (Y/n) sat up straight and placed a smile on his face. "I want to work in a zoo and do cool little tricks to entertain people. Like, roller skating or ice skating- Oh! And maybe I could let people pet me, like in a petting zoo, but koala- a squishy koala."

Iida laughed a bit as he heard (Y/n)'s wild dream job. (Y/n) looked at him and smiled, causing Iida's heart to explode with happiness.

"You know what, Iida?"

"Y-Yes."

"I like you... You're pretty cool."